The Student Room Group

A Level Biology

Hello,
I was happy with my GCSE results, (1 A, 4 B's, 3 C's) and I am taking A level Biology this year and hope to take A2 the year after. However, I didn't take double science (therefore I didn't take Biology in Year 11) as I took Applied Science instead.
How hard will I find A level Biology? I am very motivated and prepared to work very hard.
Any advice about the course would be very helpful.
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Brandall7

To be honest, from what I remember, I don't think it really builds on it too much. It has been a few years now though. There were some aspects that came up again/made it easier because they were familiar, but I think if you knuckle down and revise sensibly then there's no reason you should find it too difficult. At worst, you';ll be missing some small snippets but you've got textbooks at your disposal and the internet, so it's really not hard to find GCSE content to just bridge the gap if necessary. I generally found the subject more content/information heavy (i.e. lots to remember) rather than lots to understand.
Reply 2
I don't know what you mean, but I didn't take triple science and instead done core science. I only got a B at GCSE (severe lack of effort).

I have just done my AS exams and got an A in biology (97% of all UMS marks) and an A in chemistry :smile:. so it's definitely do-able. If you have not put any effort into your schoolwork up until this point and still came out with those grades then you can do it. However if you pour all of your effort into schoolwork and only managed those grades then AS levels could be a big shock.
Reply 3
Ok thanks! Very helpful 📚📖

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest