The Student Room Group

New Diet Racist Soda for TSR Members.

[video="youtube;xdyin6uipy4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdyin6uipy4[/video]
"Do you think it's only fair that there be a White History Month? Then we've got the soda for you!"

I knew there was something in the water.

(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

So not wanting to date Asian people is racist? That's just ridiculous.

Kind of a funny video but I think it's a bit liberal with its definition of racism.
Reply 2
Reply 3
Privileged 9 year old white boy bullied to suicide for being white. I guess the Guardian anti-racists didn't think his death was worth any attention as he is white after all and white children deserve to be raped and killed in our anti-racist diverse society.
you think white history month is racist? why? surely *that*'s racist if you're saying certain races are deserving of celebrations while others aren't?
in my opinion there should not be any kind of "racial" month at all, as the government shouldn't be picking sides so actively like that - it should give everybody the same rights and let us be

edit: can I just stop again to say that this video is HUGELY biased towards the side of insanity - it is saying that opposing positive discrimination is racist! positive discrimination is racial discrimination for ****'s sake, how is that *not* racist?! and how is "there should be a white station" "sort of racist"? how is that against another race just to be saying that there should be equality? jesus christ, man, that is so messed up - I've forgotten that's what society our government has engineered
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
If you want racism and double standards then look no further than George Zimmerman, a mixed race light brown skinned man who was deemed by the media to white enough to be used in their latest anti-white race war crusade. The liberals say things like what if Trayvon were white? well what they don't understand has a similar incident happened involving a black man shooting a white teen and guess what? the black man got away with it too claiming self defence. Look up Roderick Scott to learn more.So yes there was a white Trayvon Martin, who got no media attention whatsoever. People still don't think there's a conspiracy against us?
White people don't need a white history month.99% of history taught in schools is about white people. And the only time black people get a mention its about the slave trade.

Having said that I couldn't care less about black history month either. Pointless and divisive as are many racial issues.
So now it's racist to cross the road when you see a minority? Since when?
Wow, that's incredibly condescending and racist.
Reply 9
Original post by tomfailinghelp
So not wanting to date Asian people is racist? That's just ridiculous.

Kind of a funny video but I think it's a bit liberal with its definition of racism.

Why would you exclude an entire race? That would imply that they (Asians) are all the same, that is racist. There are over a billion Asians out there, you can't right them all off, as if you've seen/known every one of them. They appropriate saying would be "I haven't found an Asian man/woman sexually attractive, yet.

Original post by ProtocolsOf.Zion
How are whites oppressing people? you people are oppressing us by robbing us of an identity and a future because all white countries have to become a melting pot. Shut the **** up about racism you PRIVILEGED coloured people wouldn't understand.

I don't think that word was every used in the video. And if we are talking about the US, where the video was set, it is the white people who have done and still do all of the robbing, of culture.

Original post by FcukYu
Privileged 9 year old white boy bullied to suicide for being white. I guess the Guardian anti-racists didn't think his death was worth any attention as he is white after all and white children deserve to be raped and killed in our anti-racist diverse society.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/14/mother-aaron-dugmore-bullied-school-claims-inquest

It's very sad that he died so young but I didn't know anyone really bought into the idea that his race contributed. If he went to a majority white school, I'm sure something else about him stood out. I'm not blaming him, but the motive doesn't really sound realistic. And I thought it turned out that the parents killed him? Since when could 9 year olds tie nooses?

Original post by HonestAbe
If you want racism and double standards then look no further than George Zimmerman, a mixed race light brown skinned man who was deemed by the media to white enough to be used in their latest anti-white race war crusade. The liberals say things like what if Trayvon were white? well what they don't understand has a similar incident happened involving a black man shooting a white teen and guess what? the black man got away with it too claiming self defence. Look up Roderick Scott to learn more.So yes there was a white Trayvon Martin, who got no media attention whatsoever. People still don't think there's a conspiracy against us?

The differences in the Roderick Scott case:
1. He wasn't a cop or neighborhood watch officer
2. He didn't racially profile, he had reasonable cause to confront those 3 boys because they were evidently breaking into someones car.
3. It was on his property, thus he was fully protected by self defense laws. Laws similar to SYg laws, which I will have you know is biased incredibly in favor of white men.

Nice try.

Reply 10
Original post by zippity.doodah
you think white history month is racist? why? surely *that*'s racist if you're saying certain races are deserving of celebrations while others aren't?

You don't think 11/12 months of white history isn't enough?
I like CollegeHumour but they have been getting increasingly political in their videos, and this idiotic liberal message is one of the worst. The basic argument is 'anything we don't agree with is racist. You are not allowed any personal beliefs, views or preferences, because that's racist'. Most of the points mentioned aren't even racist or 'diet racist', but you cannot bring that up because they, like most radical groups, think that they can win the debate by shouting 'racist' even louder, instead of addressing the issue.
Original post by Truths

oh my god -_-
Original post by Algorithm69
Hey, do you know your username is a lyric from a song which appeared in a highly racist film depicting Reconstruction era America? I ask, nay demand, that you be banned.

And something about cultural appropriation as well. Just to be sure.

I thought it was an old fashioned expression of joy :frown: my english teacher used to say it
Original post by zippity.doodah
I thought it was an old fashioned expression of joy :frown: my english teacher used to say it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWyhj7siEY
Original post by Truths

History is history, the race of the people you talk about is irrelevant. The reason why you think "11/12 months are white history" is because (a) the industrial revolution, the world wars, colonialism etc. had its roots in Europe and (b) we are in the UK so the curriculum is obviously going to include the history of the UK, just like in France I assume they'd teach more about the history of France.

I've never heard anyone promoting Asian history month or South American history month; setting aside a chunk of the curriculum to focus on one specific group promotes double standards and implies the black community is a wilting group unable to stand up for themselves.
Anything related to the government should be entirely race-neutral.

Morgan Freeman also posed the question of why there is no white or Jewish month, so is he being a closet racist too?

[video="youtube;vDs50IVOmEI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDs50IVOmEI[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Algorithm69
They have sown the seeds of their own destruction. Words like "racist", "sexist", "misogynist", and "Islamophobe" have been bandied about so much and in response to such trivial matters that they have lost all meaning. And words without meaning are useless. Where once these words would illicit concern and embarrassment from the people being accused of such, now they are met with apathy and indifference. Or even mild amusement.

I used to enjoy Cracked as well, but that also turned into a social justice warrior cesspit.

Good point. The terms have been so diluted by SJWs who are willing to defend any and all of their actions and beliefs, to the point that they are now just buzzwords for Tumblr blogs, and are not actually labels for anything definitive.

Cracked is slightly different. You can see the change these days with articles like the one on the Ferguson riots, where they push a liberal agenda (to the point of seeming anti-establishment), but I still browse it every day, as 90% of the columns and lists are lighthearted and fun.
Reply 17
Original post by InsertWittyName
History is history, the race of the people you talk about is irrelevant. The reason why you think "11/12 months are white history" is because (a) the industrial revolution, the world wars, colonialism etc. had its roots in Europe and (b) we are in the UK so the curriculum is obviously going to include the history of the UK, just like in France I assume they'd teach more about the history of France.

There was still teachings of Ancient Rome and Ancient Greece. Ancient Egypt would have been nice if it wasn't white washed.

Original post by InsertWittyName
I've never heard anyone promoting Asian history month or South American history month; setting aside a chunk of the curriculum to focus on one specific group promotes double standards and implies the black community is a wilting group unable to stand up for themselves.

Black History Month isn't in the curriculum. It's not common practice in the UK, but it is the US. And why shouldn't it be? The civil rights movement is a important part of American history. I agree, the teaching alone shouldn't be relegated to one month, it should be taught a lot more often in American Schools. But you need to remember that Black History Month is more than just school and education, it's pride and appreciation of culture.
Reply 18
Original post by Arkasia
I like CollegeHumour but they have been getting increasingly political in their videos, and this idiotic liberal message is one of the worst. The basic argument is 'anything we don't agree with is racist. You are not allowed any personal beliefs, views or preferences, because that's racist'. Most of the points mentioned aren't even racist or 'diet racist', but you cannot bring that up because they, like most radical groups, think that they can win the debate by shouting 'racist' even louder, instead of addressing the issue.

You're taking it too seriously.
Original post by Truths
You're taking it too seriously.

It is a politically motivated propaganda video, poorly disguised as comedy. I am taking it as seriously as is necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest