The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by castixel
I received my offer for Media Productuon today! The facilities look amazing :smile: anyone else applied for it or received an offer??

Hey castixel,

Congratulations!! :biggrin:

I am part of the media school at the moment and they really are amazing!! :smile::smile::smile:

Did you have any questions about your course? Or the media school? I would be happy to give you answers for any queries from the perspective of a current media school student!!

Feel free to reply to this post or message me!

Chris :biggrin:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by natsky
Just went to book onto an applicant day for Communication and Media and they're all booked up.
Does anyone know if there will be any more?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by teddyray14
I hope they do cause I really want to go visit before making my choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi natsky and teddyray,

There are two applicant days for this course! One is on the 18th of February and another on the 14th of March. You can register for the days using the links here: https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/applicant-open-days#media

Hope this has helped!

When's the applicant day for media production

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by annoy123
What accommodation place you going for? I like Dorchester house but if I don't get a room, I may go for Cranbourne house.

Original post by Katy_
Dorchester looks so nice on the website! Didn't get to go to that one, but I think it's one of the more expensive ones so as much as I'd love it, not sure ill be able to. I think i visited Lyme Regis, and that one was really good inside! So possibly that one?

Hey there annoy123 and Katy_

Staying in Dorchester would cost you £123.31 a month or £130.94 for a larger room - so it is the most expensive accommodation offered by BU. You would be staying in flats sharing a kitchen/living/dining space with 3 to 7 other students. You will get a large size room with an en-suite, a desk and a double bed! You will find out exactly how much you get from Student Finance before applying for accommodation so you could work out what your budget may be and see if you could afford to stay there! If not Lyme Regis, Purbeck, Chesil, Cranbourne and even the Student Village are great places to stay! They have a lively atmosphere and you will get to meet loads of new people!

Check out the site for new undergrads which shows you all accommodation options here; http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/accommodation/new_undergraduates.html

Hope this has helped! Let me know if you have any more questions about accommodation!

Thanks

Original post by Tracy_Baby

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Tracy_Baby,

There's one for BA Media Production on 14th March. Book it soon though as there is a limited number of applicant who can apply to this event.

Use this site here to book you applicant day; https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/applicant-open-days#media

Thanks

Original post by annoy123
Bournemouth Uni is so far from where I live - I live in Wales :P Should I go for the course or choose a University that is closer to home that does the same course but has lower stats?

Hi there annoy123,

Don't be put off by distance!!! Bournemouth is a really great uni and if you can leave with better results and more experience those train journeys will definitely pay off!!! :biggrin:

If you wanted to know any more about BU feel free to ask me!

Chris
Original post by natsky
Just went to book onto an applicant day for Communication and Media and they're all booked up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Natsky,

I'm just looking into this for you and will let you know the answer soon!

Katie
Original post by natsky

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Natsky,

We've just added a little more availability for your course, but it's very limited, so be quick! You can register here.

Hope you get there in time!
Katie

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Tracy,

There's an Applicant Open Day for Media Production on 14 March. The availability is very limited, so I'd recommend registering as soon as you can. You can register here. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Katie
Thanks Katie ! I've just booked myself a ticket :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks Katie ! I've just booked myself a ticket :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick work! Well done Tracy, we're looking forward to meeting you.
Katie
Reply 191
Original post by KatieMillman
Hey :smile:

So I have applied for 4 courses at Bournemouth :P Marketing, Marketing Communications, Business Studies and Advertising. So far I have an unconditional offer for Marketing Communications

I am currently studying business studies with marketing at college.

My decision isn't Bournemouth over another uni, it is uni or no uni, am I still undecided whether uni is for me or not :/

I haven't been to an open day but my brother was there for a year two years ago at Dorchester and I visited him a few times

Any opinions/reviews on these courses/the uni as a whole would be amazing haha please help me with my decision :P

Hi!

I'm going to do Marketing Communications too! Actually accepted it as my firm choice yesterday, and now so excited! Are you going to the Applicant day on Feb 18th?? :smile:

Ettie:tongue:
Original post by castixel
I received my offer for Media Productuon today! The facilities look amazing :smile: anyone else applied for it or received an offer??

Hi Castixel,

I currently study Television Production at BU and am happy to answer any questions you may have! My course has quite a lot of cross over with Media Production and know a few people on the course at the moment (They love it btw!) so if you wanted to know anything feel free to ask :smile:

Gemma :biggrin:
I'm crying!!!
Just got a unconditional offer for marketing communications, after taking a month I was sure it was going to be a no :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lipslikemorphine
I'm crying!!!
Just got a unconditional offer for marketing communications, after taking a month I was sure it was going to be a no 😀😁😀😁😀😁

WELL DONE!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 195
4 conditional offers for BU and one for a HND at Bournemouth and Poole College :smile: Chuffed I got onto all of them, but gutted because now I have to choose!
Congrats! What courses did you apply for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
Thank you :smile:
Forensic Science
Forensic Investigation
Biological Science
Archeology, Anthropology and Forensic Science

and a HND in applied Biology at Bournemouth and Poole college :smile:
Original post by l14muk
4 conditional offers for BU and one for a HND at Bournemouth and Poole College :smile: Chuffed I got onto all of them, but gutted because now I have to choose!

Congrats :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by teddyray14

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending