The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tracy_Baby
I got an unconditional offer from bu and I firmed it. When will the applicant portal open? I also can't log into bu hub for some reason /:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same thing happened to me a little while back, just email them and they'll reset it for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by CBowditch
Hi teddy,

I don't know much about Chesil, it's got a reputation as the "quiet halls" but I know that it is right above a co-op (which you can gt 10% off at with an NUS card) and really close to both Cranborne and Purbeck so you can get to know loads of other first years!

Hope this has helped! Any other questions?

Chris :biggrin:

Thanks Chris! Are you a student at BU currently? If so which accommodation would you recommend? I don't want something too quite or too loud, just a mixture of everything

Posted from TSR Mobile
@dani what accommodation were you able to look at ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cranborn house 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed my offer today for Media and Communications! I'm so excited for September!😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone send me pics of the accommodation they saw today pls.? Is rather see it in pics taken by someone other than the website ones so I can see what it generally looks like if that makes sense

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
Anyone thinking of going to Cranborne house?
Reply 386
Original post by Delass
Anyone thinking of going to Cranborne house?

I ammmm :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 387

Yey! I really thought I was the only one around here!
Reply 388
Original post by Delass
Yey! I really thought I was the only one around here!

I've heard so many good things about it, for me cranborne and Lyme are the best halls, perhaps chesil but I'm pretty set on cranborne. I've stalked the hashtag on Instagram and checked out people's rooms and it seems really nice and I love the look of the kitchen, although you don't get loads of cupboard space apparently but i just love the new renovated look and yeah from current students I've heard good things :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 389
Original post by teddyray14
I'm doing it! Always wanted to form it but after the applicant day today I'm so firming it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also have an offer for media and communications!☺️👌
Original post by CBowditch
Hi teddy,

I don't know much about Chesil, it's got a reputation as the "quiet halls" but I know that it is right above a co-op (which you can gt 10% off at with an NUS card) and really close to both Cranborne and Purbeck so you can get to know loads of other first years!

Hope this has helped! Any other questions?

Chris :biggrin:

Do you know anything about Purbeck House? As thats where im thinking to stay
I wanna stay in purbeck halls too, a friend of mine recommended it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Coool what do they think of it?

also is Purbeck literally Party party party? As I like parties but not ALLL the time. I'm a fun person but also enjoy the quiet and time to myself im thinking of Purbeck or Cranborne which one will be best for me or will I be alright in any? Lol

Thanks x
They're a first year so they're still a bit new but yeah it's deffo a party place haha his snap chats always look so fun! But na I doubt it's always loud etc. cos ppl are there to study haha and So yeah. I think you'll be good either way.

Idk about cranborne house, I haven't really looked into it that much tbh as I personally wanted to stay in Dorchester halls but my friend said not to so I've just been focused on purbeck house

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry forgot to answer your first question haha he loves it there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Password911
Coool what do they think of it?

also is Purbeck literally Party party party? As I like parties but not ALLL the time. I'm a fun person but also enjoy the quiet and time to myself im thinking of Purbeck or Cranborne which one will be best for me or will I be alright in any? Lol

Thanks x

Hi!

I don't like at Purbeck (I live at Dorchester) but I know quite a few people that do live there. It is known out of them all to be the most 'partyish' however it's not 24/7 parties, you will be able to study and just chill out in peace. Cranborne also has a good social life, as it is just opposite Purbeck and Chesil so really all the accomodation is quite similar and I am sure your be fine in any :biggrin:

Gemma :smile:
Original post by gemmajewell2
hi!

I don't like at purbeck (i live at dorchester) but i know quite a few people that do live there. It is known out of them all to be the most 'partyish' however it's not 24/7 parties, you will be able to study and just chill out in peace. Cranborne also has a good social life, as it is just opposite purbeck and chesil so really all the accomodation is quite similar and i am sure your be fine in any :d

gemma :smile:

thank you :d
They're a first year so they're still a bit new but yeah it's deffo a party place haha his snap chats always look so fun! But na I doubt it's always loud etc. cos ppl are there to study haha and So yeah. I think you'll be good either way.

Idk about cranborne house, I haven't really looked into it that much tbh as I personally wanted to stay in Dorchester halls but my friend said not to so I've just been focused on purbeck house

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh i seee :smile: thanks x
No worries, what you studying at bu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dani5430
Heya! (Bit of a late reply sorry!)

I'm hoping to stay in Dorchester however when I went to the applicant day on Saturday we weren't able to look inside :frown: do you have any photos at all? (Just want to get an idea for space etc!)

Thanks for all the information definitely is good to know :smile:
If you had to stay in any other accommodation which one would it be?

Dani :biggrin:

Hi Dani!

I worked on the applicant day on Saturday, I was taking people around Cranbourne so I may of seen you! It was such a shame that Dorchester wasnt open for people to look at.

I actually don't have any pictures of my accomodation at the moment but I am happy to take some and attach at a later date! For the mean time you could have a look on the Bournemouth facebook page or alternatively go to www.studenthousingcompany.com, change the location to Bournemouth and then do a 3D tour :smile:

If I was to stay in any other accomodation I would personally pick Lyme Regis. Its opposite the Old Firestation and directly above Tescos too, so I imagine it would be quite handy!

Gemma :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending