The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluepinkorange
thank you and good luck with York

can you pm me when you've made a decision.

I will be sure to do so. I'll wait on York's response then get back to you.

If you decide before me, send me a PM too! :smile:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by SuperSah
I will be sure to do so. I'll wait on York's response then get back to you.

If you decide before me, send me a PM too! :smile:

will do :smile:
Original post by TeoAlexandru
What do you mean when you say you have your own bathroom ? Do you have your own shower and WC facilities in a standard room ? Doesn't that apply to Studios only ?

All Halls accommodation are a single room with their own shower room toilet and sink - not just to the studios no :smile:

You can have a look online at the video's of the rooms so you can see what each of them look like - i've added the link for you too.

Mish :wink:
Original post by Mish Lilly
All Halls accommodation are a single room with their own shower room toilet and sink - not just to the studios no :smile:

You can have a look online at the video's of the rooms so you can see what each of them look like - i've added the link for you too.

Mish :wink:

Thank you a lot for the info. :wink:

Do you happen to know which is the most suitable accomodation campus for a future UG Advertising student ? By most suitable I mean closest to the campus which I will be studying in.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hiya,

The Student Village is the closest (about 100 feet away from campus) and then Uni-Let are a bit further away (maybe 10 to 20 mins walk) and then Halls is about 30 min walk or ten mins on the bus.

Check out the link and have a look round :smile:

Mish
Hiya,

The Student Village is the closest (about 100 feet away from campus) and then Uni-Let are a bit further away (maybe 10 to 20 mins walk) and then Halls is about 30 min walk or ten mins on the bus.

Check out the link and have a look round :smile:

Mish

Thank you.

Where do you live now?
Hi Teo,

I am in a shared house close to the Talbot Campus - its the best option for me as its not too mad (but we have our moments) and I can park my car there which I need to have for my course. It would be the same as Uni-Let option.

What are you thinking of doing regarding the accommodation?

Mish :smile:
Hi,

Just wanted to add something here as I am Bournemouth student and loving it!! Yes employers will see benefit in the placement year which is why this is so important an offer with a Bournemouth Course - but have a look at the other things the University has to offer. You can take part in the Student Development Award at Bournemouth University which brings together extra-curricular activities and looks great on your CV as it gets you thinking about your attrubutes and skills going forward. Also at Bournemouth there is funding and opportunities available for overseas placements and experiences - I went to Colombia for an internship this summer and it was an amazing experience.

University life is important but please also look at what else your experience is going to offer you going forward - its a big commitment financially so making the right choice is crucial - but I am flying the flag for Bournemouth as its been fantastic for me!

Good Luck!! Mish :smile:

Hey, I recently received an offer for Bournemouth and am trying to sort out accommodation asap, but I was wondering where would be best for first year students?
Im studying on Talbot campus so, obviously, the closest one to here is the student village but it seems so far away from the town etc! I was also quite interested in the on-suites in halls, but, where is most popular for the first years to choose/whats the best?

Thans!
Hi Zoe,

Congratulations on receiving your offer to study at Bournemouth!! My name is Ailish and I am in my final year at Bournemouth University so thought I could offer a little advice about the accomodation on offer here at BU! :smile:

When I started in 2011, I chose Cranbourne Halls which is ideally located close to town centre and neighbours multiple other halls of residence (so you are never short of flat parties and meeting new people!) Living in halls was probably one of the best things about 1st year for me. Firstly, living in Lansdowne (this is where Cranbourne, Purbeck, Chesil, Lyme Regis, Hurne and Dorchester are based) is an ideal location. The Student Union night club is just a 5 minute walk away (so no wasting pennies on taxis) and the main clubs in the town centre are just down the road also! The beautiful beach in Bournemouth is a really fantastic selling point too and so living just down the road from it is fantastic! On many occassions, my flatmates and I would head to the sea front to relax on the sand and if we were feeling particularly studious, bring our books to study for an hour or so... :smile:

As you correctly mentioned, there is also the student village located on the Talbot campus and I do know people who happily lived there in their first year however it is roughly a 30 minute walk from town so you are a little further away from the wonderful night life that BU has to offer. If you are worried about being far away from campus living in one of the Halls at Lansdowne, don't be! Lots of students walk (it is actually a really nice, pretty walk and you'll be in good company with other students) and there is also a fantastic University bus service which stops just outside most of the halls.

Lots of the halls have en-suite bathrooms, but I would check online to be sure. Many halls have been recently refurbished too. Off the top of my head I know that Dorchester is very new and Cranbourne recently had a revamp so I am sure you will really enjoy living in Halls if that is what you choose!

If I had to pick the best Halls for first year I would personally recommend one of the Lansdowne based Halls; in terms of meeting new people, having a wonderful nightlife and enjoying the best of Bournemouth!

Hope that is helpful. It might be an idea to have a trip over to Bournemouth also, so you can get a feel for each of the areas, helping you make an informed decision about where you'd like to live.

Please feel free to let me know if I can be of anymore help.

Ailish :smile:
i received a conditional for computer science :smile:
Hi hi =]
Directed here by a helpful current student: "Ailish"

I'll be coming to Bournemouth next year as an oldie... doing forensic computing.
Already decided the student village looks amazing, that's what i'm setting out for.
Any more techy's about? especially those looking to do the forensic computing degree?

Also surf club? climbing and outdoor adventure guys (and lasses) hit me up, be amazing to see who potentially i'll be chilling with for the next portion of my life =]
Original post by Ryankffx
Hi hi =]
Directed here by a helpful current student: "Ailish"

I'll be coming to Bournemouth next year as an oldie... doing forensic computing.
Already decided the student village looks amazing, that's what i'm setting out for.
Any more techy's about? especially those looking to do the forensic computing degree?

Also surf club? climbing and outdoor adventure guys (and lasses) hit me up, be amazing to see who potentially i'll be chilling with for the next portion of my life =]

Im doing just computing
I'm going to the Law applicant day in February to check out the place.
Original post by maaitriii
Im doing just computing

You heading down to an applicant open day?
Yh 14th narch
Original post by maaitriii
Yh 14th narch

I'm debating between march or april, thinking which is potentially going to be the driest XD
I got an offer from Bournemouth for Psychology. Looking forward to coming down to check it out, love Bournemouth so really would consider studying here. I'm old as balls though at 25 so hopefully I am not too past it to fit in!
Original post by jimmythecricket
I got an offer from Bournemouth for Psychology. Looking forward to coming down to check it out, love Bournemouth so really would consider studying here. I'm old as balls though at 25 so hopefully I am not too past it to fit in!

I'll be 25 come October, shall we start the 'half way to 50' club? =3
But dude.... old as balls, that's like wrinkle city!
Original post by Ryankffx
I'll be 25 come October, shall we start the 'half way to 50' club? =3
But dude.... old as balls, that's like wrinkle city!

Loool yup u guys r old 😜
Hahahaa you get me man, what subject you applying for? I still have moves like jagger and can flick my hair back and forth etc..... Nice to know I'm not the only oldie

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending