The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Bournemouth University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Hey!
Just came to the Student Room.co.uk. I didn't know about this site before my friend told me about it! I'm from Finland and I'd applied to Bournemouth University for the Sept 2015. I wish to start studying sociology. I am studying sociology currently at University of Eastern Finland in Joensuu, Finland, but I do want to get into the UK. If you guys have any questions related to social sciences or sociology, do not hesitate to ask! Even I study it elsewhere, I hope I could tell you at least something.

Why Bournemouth University? Well, Bournemouth itself = totally amazing. I also got sick from bad indoor air from Finland (yes, I did get epileptic disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, hypothyroidism, migraine, asthma.. oh gosh, it's a long list..) and Bournemouth's located to the beach next to the ocean, so there must be a good air. Bournemouth's also a pretty new building, which would be good to me.

Have a great starting year guys and gals!

# Joni
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by josiekent
I recently got an unconditional offer in regards to Script writing for film and television and was wondering if I could get people's opinions on Bournemouth? I'll be coming over from Australia :smile:

-What accommodation would people recommend? I'm thinking Cranborne?
-Is there anyone here who is doing script writing or anything media related?
-What do people think of Bournemouth? What are your impressions? I never had the opportunity to visit it

Thanks guys :biggrin:

Hi Josiekent,

My name is Gemma and I am currently a first year student at Bournemouth University studying Television Production.

I live at Dorchester right now, which I love. It's opposite Asda and has double beds! Most of the accommodation offered is in town (Like Cranborne) this is super handy on a night out, as there is no need for taxis and a short walk away.

I am not doing script writing but my course is also part of the media school. Bournemouth has a fantastic media school with all the latest equipment. There is loads of opportunities to get involved with such as Nerve media and Jump TV.

I love being in Bournemouth. It has everything your need. Lots of choices of clubs, bars and restaurants. There is also a shopping centre with all the high street brand! Whats great about Bournemouth is that it is also right by the beach, so nice to go down when the weather is hot.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask :smile:
Gemma
Reply 102
Hi everyone, I've only applied to AUB for illustration and got an interview pretty much straight after i applied through UCAS. I'm worried as I'm going straight from A-levels and not from a foundation year, just wondering if anyone else has an interview and how your portfolios are going?
Original post by charpra
Hi everyone, I've only applied to AUB for illustration and got an interview pretty much straight after i applied through UCAS. I'm worried as I'm going straight from A-levels and not from a foundation year, just wondering if anyone else has an interview and how your portfolios are going?

Im also applying for illustration at AUB! I've not heard anything from them though, how long after you sent your application did you get an interview? Did the interview date come by email or onto the login? I've not done a foundation year either, it's not a requirement it's just useful, so you should be fine! My portfolio is nearly finished, how's yours going?
Reply 104
I got it 4 days after i sent off my UCAS, it comes through an email and you then log into "My Application" on their website, its not through UCAS track!! I've finished it just making the final adjustments as its in 3 weeks time and want to be ready well ahead of the day ! Check your emails again as you might have an email, I got mine on the 28th November
I applied for the Costume course at Bournemouth and had my interview and got offered a place without having done a foundation degree despite them really pushing it when I went to the open day.
Just be yourself and as long as you really love what your applying for you'll be fine
Hiya,

I received my offer from BU a couple of weeks ago and I'm so happy! I'm going to the next open day on 21st January to see it for the first time, but I'm pretty sure I'll like it.

Course: Public Relations
Currently Studying: Business Studies
Why Bournemouth?: Initially, I heard its the best in the country for a PR degree. With time progressing and looking more into the Uni, first thoughts are that it looks like a lovely place! Visiting it will really put it into perspective, but I'm pretty sure I'll love it!
Open day?: As I said, I'll be attending the 21st January open day!

Is anyone else looking to study PR at Bournemouth? Let me know!

- Hayley x

EDIT: Just firmed Bournemouth on UCAS! This is exciting. :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by xohayley
Hiya,

I received my offer from BU a couple of weeks ago and I'm so happy! I'm going to the next open day on 21st January to see it for the first time, but I'm pretty sure I'll like it.

Why Bournemouth?: Initially, I heard its the best in the country for a PR degree. With time progressing and looking more into the Uni, first thoughts are that it looks like a lovely place! Visiting it will really put it into perspective, but I'm pretty sure I'll love it!

- Hayley x

Hi hayley, I pretty much chose BU for the same reasons you had- hearing it offered the best PR course in the country. I haven't received an offer yet so I'm still an absolute bag of nerves! I also haven't attended an open day and was hoping to attend one this month but due to not receiving an offer yet I don't think I'm gonna be able to go see BU :frown:
Hi marcus2,

Don't worry about not attending an open day as Bournemouth run Applicant Open Days once offers have been made - so this way you get to see the campus and some accommodation before the deadline for making a firm offer comes up.

Good Luck with the offer!

Mish :smile:
Original post by marcus2
Hi hayley, I pretty much chose BU for the same reasons you had- hearing it offered the best PR course in the country. I haven't received an offer yet so I'm still an absolute bag of nerves! I also haven't attended an open day and was hoping to attend one this month but due to not receiving an offer yet I don't think I'm gonna be able to go see BU :frown:

Hiya,
Definitely, I've asked a lot of people and they've all said BU is great for PR, especially with the placement year! Ah, dont be discouraged - I'm sure you'll get your offer soon. :smile: If you can, try and go to an open day though, you'll have a better idea if you want to go if you get an offer. I've been to other open days and the uni's were definitely not for me, so once you've got a response, definitely try and go.

Hope you hear soon - good luck!

- Hayley
Hi :smile: I'm Brian :smile:

I've applied to study Computer Animation Arts at Bournemouth and got an interview for February 11! :biggrin: My dream is to work at Pixar one day and if I get in to Bournemouth, that'll be one step towards achieving the dream :smile: Anybody else applying for Animation Arts? :smile:

All the best,

-Brian :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woot just checked my moodle page, straight Distinctions so far :wink:
Bring on Bournemouth! :wink:
I've just received a conditional offer from BU! It's the first offer I got but this is the uni that interests me the most so I couldn't be happier, could I?

Original post by xohayley
Hiya,

- Hayley x

Hi! I also want to study PR at the BU because of the same reasons you mentioned (+ it's by the sea that I love!). And I'd love to attend an open day but it might be difficult for me as I'm an international student... So I hope you'll like it!
(edited 8 years ago)
I got an unconditional offer from Bournemouth today to study Computing (4 years)! Whoohoo. I'm studying BTEC level 3 in IT, currently in my second year.

"This offer is subject to you obtaining This Unconditional Offer is in recognition of your academic record to date and your potential to succeed on this programme at BU. By accepting this offer, you will secure yourself a place at BU without waiting until your results are confirmed."

I loved Bournemouth University but I've got other Universities that I am waiting to see on the applicant day. I've gotten 21 emails to say congratulations from Bournemouth, you've been made an offer which you can view on UCAS shortly, might move it to spam haha.
Congrats on your offer,
I applied for accounting and finance too and I've got a conditional offer yeeps!! I love Bournemouth too although I haven't visited before but I might on applicants day. It seems like a really nice place. Just waiting for my other offers now(hopefully) before making a decision.
Hi,

My name is Gemma and I am a first year student at Bournemouth University studying Television Production.

I remember this time last year I had my interview, so if anyone wanted to know anything about Bournemouth Town or University before they come to their interview feel free to ask me!

Good everyone coming to an interview - Gemma
Original post by gondalaver
I've just received a conditional offer from BU! It's the first offer I got but this is the uni that interests me the most so I couldn't be happier, could I?

Hi! I also want to study PR at the BU because of the same reasons you mentioned (+ it's be the sea that I love!). And I'd love to attend an open day but I might be difficult for me as I'm an international student... So I hope you'll like it!

Ah, thats great! Just try to research as much as you can online, make sure it is definitely for you and I'm sure you'll love it! :biggrin:
Reply 117
Hi guys! :smile:

My name is Matias and I've a conditional offer to study Music and Sound Production Technology, hope that I'm not the only one :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello! I'm applying for Communication and Media. Currently studying English lit/Lang, economics and media studies! Chose Bournemouth cause it was high up in the league table and looked like it offered the course well! I haven't been to any open days or visit days but I do have an offer to study there!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katy_
Hi!
-I have applied for Communication and Media.
-I am currently studying Media, English Language and Sociology.
-Bournemouth has always been an option for me, it's close to home, but not too close :smile: The course content is perfect for what I am looking for and the accommodation is great!
-I went to the Open Day on the 15th November and it confirmed that Bournemouth is where I would love to study! If I am lucky enough to get an offer then it will definitely be my firm choice :smile:

Hey! I applied for that course too and got an offer! Im thinking of firming it but I'm not sure whether to or not as I've never been there before!
Do you think the course there is good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending