The Student Room Group

OCR F585 June 2015 The Global Economy

Scroll to see replies

Identify and explain factors that are likely to contribute to a sustainable economic recovery.

Sustainable economic growth refers that the increase in real GDP of an economy will not affect the future generation ability to meet their own needs. Labour is one of the component of factor of production, an increase in productivity due to more training or better education etc means more output per worker hence a higher MRP per worker and a lower unit labour cost. This can increase the output produced ie GDP due to an increase in aggregate supply which is a long term economic growth, this is sustainable as it increase the potential ability to produce goods of an economy.

Hmmm am I on the right line or nah? :s-smilie:

I suppose you should mention things that do with AS as AD can fluctuate easilyyyyyyyyyy
It's easy to predict that the essay question will be on the last sentence in the introduction about globalisation. Can anyone give additional ideas as to what the question might really be? Do you guys think it will only ask about 'developing economies' (as stated in the intro) or both developed and developing in general?

Thanks guys!
(edited 9 years ago)
Does anyone have some practice essay questions? 10 or 20 markers.
Extract 3

A big feeling that trade creation/diversion will take placeeeeeeeeee

um....what do you think
If England's cost of producing product X further increases above producing the next best alternative product Y, and it is greater than Americas cost of producing product X compared to product Y. The opportunity cost of not producing Y (the next best alternative) for England increases. Therefore as England's opportunity cost has increased relative to America, England has a decreased comparative advantage. I think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I recommend everyone gets the APT booklet it's really thorough and suggests possible questions and the content you should know to answer them

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've seen tutor2u one in form of PowerPoint. Oh gosh 200+ slides. It was very informative maybe too much that it makes me sleepy...so I prefer APT just read and read

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Makashima
I've seen tutor2u one in form of PowerPoint. Oh gosh 200+ slides. It was very informative maybe too much that it makes me sleepy...so I prefer APT just read and read

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not even going to bother with tutor2u. So much unnecessary detail presented rather badly. APT is definitely better!

Posted from TSR Mobile
[
Stop breaching copyright !
How is everyone revising for this exam?
Original post by studentwiz

meh not a lot because our class still doing work and leisure up to easter, but the teacher said we will go back over everything thoroughly after easter till the exam so like having 2 weeks+?
Actually, I don't think it's worth having the tutor2u toolkit - it will increase stress, and a lot of my friends received A* and A grades without even having the tutor2u kit.
Reply 192
Original post by PurpleMash
Actually, I don't think it's worth having the tutor2u toolkit - it will increase stress, and a lot of my friends received A* and A grades without even having the tutor2u kit.

Did they just use the APT toolkit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by studentwiz

Class notes, OCR Economics textbook (which goes through every bullet point in the OCR specification for the exam) and definitely the APT.
Make sure you learn definitions for economics terms that you see in the stimulus material, including the introduction.
Class notes, OCR Economics textbook (which goes through every bullet point in the OCR specification for the exam) and definitely the APT.
Make sure you learn definitions for economics terms that you see in the stimulus material, including the introduction.

can you please send me the apt toolkit please.many thanks.
Original post by lam12
Did they just use the APT toolkit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they only ever used class notes, the OCR Economics textbook and the APT.
What does it mean when it says 'EU intra-regional trade accounted for 71% of exports of EU member states in 2011' in Extract 3 of the stimulus material?
Anyone? :confused:
What does it mean when it says 'EU intra-regional trade accounted for 71% of exports of EU member states in 2011' in Extract 3 of the stimulus material?
Anyone? :confused:

Pretty sure it means 71% of eu exports went to other eu countries 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Pretty sure it means 71% of eu exports went to other eu countries ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that makes sense now, thanks a lot! :biggrin:
My teacher is 99% sure the question will be "Discuss the extent to which globalisation will benefit developing economies"

What do you guys think about that?

Also I'm finding it really hard to revise for economics, I just feel there's so much content and I'm not sure what I'm actually supposed to know, which makes it hard to go through the text book and make notes. Also my handwriting is terrible which makes notes unappealing and hard to revise from.. any suggestions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending