The Student Room Group

OCR F585 June 2015 The Global Economy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lam12
ah our teacher says we have a while to finish the content so we're really focusing on how the examiners want us to answer haha which means lots of essay writing already :-(

we only just finished monopolies, I have no idea how much we've done? What grade you aiming for in the exams next year?

Im aiming for the highest possible, so really want to secure A in both exams.
Last year, people who used this thread for 2014 F585 exam all got big UMS due to revision and mapping out all possible questions - most people ended up getting 90UMS+ and a few hit 100UMS also. Hoping that this thread will be the same this year lol :cool:

How much have you done for this unit ( macro ) ? Were onto trade&integration in class but I've rarely looked through the case study :frown: :confused:
Reply 21
Original post by Fade
Im aiming for the highest possible, so really want to secure A in both exams.
Last year, people who used this thread for 2014 F585 exam all got big UMS due to revision and mapping out all possible questions - most people ended up getting 90UMS+ and a few hit 100UMS also. Hoping that this thread will be the same this year lol :cool:

How much have you done for this unit ( macro ) ? Were onto trade&integration in class but I've rarely looked through the case study :frown: :confused:

I changed the title and first post so this thread can hopefully be similar to last year's very successful one! :smile:
Reply 22
What did you get last year? I'm aiming for an A overall, hopefully I'll get it.

We haven't started that topic yet, well we've only looked through the introduction so I haven't really either. Our teacher tends to give us so much economic theory in one lesson, tends to hurt my head haha.
Teacher told us to learn about globalisation by reading and making notes from the textbook by Colin...
Do we seriously need to know stuff like IMF, World Banks etc?
I acknowledged that effects or factors to promote globalisation are crucial to know ... but yeah anyway lol
Reply 24
Original post by lam12
What did you get last year? I'm aiming for an A overall, hopefully I'll get it.

We haven't started that topic yet, well we've only looked through the introduction so I haven't really either. Our teacher tends to give us so much economic theory in one lesson, tends to hurt my head haha.

I got an A overall ( just scraped it lol macro was a killer )
Yeah same, this unit is all about applying content to the case study questions. Gonna have to spend more time revising this unit

Original post by Makashima
Teacher told us to learn about globalisation by reading and making notes from the textbook by Colin...
Do we seriously need to know stuff like IMF, World Banks etc?
I acknowledged that effects or factors to promote globalisation are crucial to know ... but yeah anyway lol

Are you on globalisation already? :eek: So you've finished trade and the other chapters? What have you done in regards to analysing the case study?
Original post by Fade

Are you on globalisation already? :eek: So you've finished trade and the other chapters? What have you done in regards to analysing the case study?

I am not sure what is my teaching doing. She said we went through everything briefly thus we are going to go over again thoroughly near January...
But so far for the global unit we did "briefly" on term of trade, FDI, economics integration, trade creation & diversion, economic development, human development, economic cycles, sustainability growths, comparative advantage...

This week we are going to finish off globalisation and then hop onto the next module ie work and leisure i think...

BUT SHE WENT SO BRIEF AND QUICK IM FAILING IN ECONOMICSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Reply 26
I am not sure what is my teaching doing. She said we went through everything briefly thus we are going to go over again thoroughly near January...
But so far for the global unit we did "briefly" on term of trade, FDI, economics integration, trade creation & diversion, economic development, human development, economic cycles, sustainability growths, comparative advantage...

This week we are going to finish off globalisation and then hop onto the next module ie work and leisure i think...

BUT SHE WENT SO BRIEF AND QUICK IM FAILING IN ECONOMICSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

WTF lol I have one teacher for micro, one teacher for macro. You only have one? :confused: Wow thats messed up, better teach yourself.
Original post by Fade
WTF lol I have one teacher for micro, one teacher for macro. You only have one? :confused: Wow thats messed up, better teach yourself.

Lolololol she is actually really good, had her last year and her teaching is amazingggggggggg which I should've got a decent grade in AS but something happened and I screwed so effing bad...Anyway not gonna go in detail...

But then this is A2...some next level over9000 argh! I will go to her for additional help...but if it's no good then I will have to "teach yourself" :<

Is your teacher going to try and predict Qs that might come up in the global based on the stimulus??? What topic you have covered so far?
Reply 28
Lolololol she is actually really good, had her last year and her teaching is amazingggggggggg which I should've got a decent grade in AS but something happened and I screwed so effing bad...Anyway not gonna go in detail...

But then this is A2...some next level over9000 argh! I will go to her for additional help...but if it's no good then I will have to "teach yourself" :<

Is your teacher going to try and predict Qs that might come up in the global based on the stimulus??? What topic you have covered so far?

Yeah hopefully my teacher will predict the questions, and hopefully people will also predict questions along with this thread
Simplest globalisation question, doubt they will ask this but yeah...Any ideas?

Discuss whether globalisation will create an impact that is greatly beneficial to developing countries?

Something that I'd say would be, e.g. trade creation can form thus "living of standard may increase" quote it from extract 5...HDI increase...and then continue to expand and link it...
maybe comment part is that it might be trade diversion instead or etc
So glad I've found this thread :biggrin:

We've just finished the transport economics module and moved on to this one today so hopefully this'll be really useful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
So glad I've found this thread :biggrin:

We've just finished the transport economics module and moved on to this one today so hopefully this'll be really useful :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

By any chance if your teacher told you how long is s/he planning to teach this module for?
By any chance if your teacher told you how long is s/he planning to teach this module for?

Until we finish it so I think he's hoping to be done by feb/march, but there isn't really any rush when we've already finished transport :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Until we finish it so I think he's hoping to be done by feb/march, but there isn't really any rush when we've already finished transport :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whoaa you finished transport in 2 months lool
How many exam questions have you done for transport? I think applying content to the questions is quite hard atm, especially 15 & 20 markers
Original post by Fade
Whoaa you finished transport in 2 months lool
How many exam questions have you done for transport? I think applying content to the questions is quite hard atm, especially 15 & 20 markers

Done maybe 4 essays and 2 full papers but I think we'll just keep them ticking over whilst doing macro

In fairness we did do some transport before we finished in summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone doing work and leisure? Just started on it today after doing global.
Simplest globalisation question, doubt they will ask this but yeah...Any ideas?

Discuss whether globalisation will create an impact that is greatly beneficial to developing countries?

Something that I'd say would be, e.g. trade creation can form thus "living of standard may increase" quote it from extract 5...HDI increase...and then continue to expand and link it...
maybe comment part is that it might be trade diversion instead or etc

I am studying Human Geography, and this is like a GCSE question from a Geographer's point of view. How sure are you that this question will come up?

On the other hand I got cocky in the AS exams because I had other exams which are much harder than economics now I have to retake both AS modules got C in both of em... :redface:
Original post by Hody421
I am studying Human Geography, and this is like a GCSE question from a Geographer's point of view. How sure are you that this question will come up?

On the other hand I got cocky in the AS exams because I had other exams which are much harder than economics now I have to retake both AS modules got C in both of em... :redface:

Aw don't worry, I'm retaking both modules AS as well...a D and B. I need both of them to be as high as possible since A2 is much harder.

Unit 1 meant to be easiest and easier than unit 2.
Aw don't worry, I'm retaking both modules AS as well...a D and B. I need both of them to be as high as possible since A2 is much harder.

Unit 1 meant to be easiest and easier than unit 2.

Main reason why I lost marks was vagueness, and I saw a lot of 'SEEN' in my paper.

I only got 1 L3 1 L2 and 1 L1 = 9/18 in Unit 1 essay
Original post by Hody421
Main reason why I lost marks was vagueness, and I saw a lot of 'SEEN' in my paper.

I only got 1 L3 1 L2 and 1 L1 = 9/18 in Unit 1 essay

You actually got the paper back? Ohhh...
My reason was combination of a relative passed away and I lost like 5 marks in one of the question that I couldn't do lel and the essay was unusual like not similar so probably got in that too.

Hmm hope they will be lenient because it's the last exam before the reform :<

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending