The Student Room Group

OCR F585 June 2015 The Global Economy

Scroll to see replies

How can you show a positive output gap on a PPC?
Reply 1181
http://gu.com/p/496mq

Guys read this article its really good :-)
I found the point about capital flows interesting, so link that with FDI, they need the proper infrastructure (developing) for more capital flows otherwise it's not stable and need more regulatory bodies
- exports from developing are having to compete with subsidised goods
- developed countries are losing out, stagnant wages and job losses from migration of people etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, it's really helpful
Can someone give tips on how to revise this unit, I'm really stuck and cant answer any questions?????
Original post by ryankeogan
Can someone give tips on how to revise this unit, I'm really stuck and cant answer any questions?????

You need to have covered the content and practice past papers/exam technique, the way to approach questions is similar to previous years. You could have a look at mark schemes.
Original post by keynes24
You need to have covered the content and practice past papers/exam technique, the way to approach questions is similar to previous years. You could have a look at mark schemes.

thanks
Original post by lionelmessi19
Have you pm'd me your email?

How do I access the document please?
Sorry to be a spot of bother, but can I have access to the document please? Getting really nervous for F585, and really want to do well in it...

My email is: [email protected]
13.Identify and explain factors that are likely to have contributed why the US andCanadian economies grew by 5% over this period?
extract 1 related
can we refer to high level of business and consumer confidence, exports being more price competitive
Original post by Hammy_23
13.Identify and explain factors that are likely to have contributed why the US andCanadian economies grew by 5% over this period?
extract 1 related
can we refer to high level of business and consumer confidence, exports being more price competitive

Any sensible reason explaining a rise in AD or AS should be fine if there isn't something specific about it in the extract.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by keynes24
Any sensible reason explaining a rise in AD or AS should be fine if there is something specific about it in the extract.

thanks for that mate :smile:
With the aid of a diagram, explain how a rise in real GDP can help reduce unemployment
Can someone please explain the structure for the 6 and 10 mark!
Original post by Rubyx

It's all in mark schemes. 6 marks usually 2 points or a diagram + one point.
Original post by Rubyx
With the aid of a diagram, explain how a rise in real GDP can help reduce unemployment

Is that A2 content?

Anyway, you draw a a regular AS/AD diagram, with real GDP increasing (you may use LRAS or SRAS).

You'd then need to explain how this happens:

-Describe the diagram.

-Employment is a derived demand, and so an increase in Real GDP will reduce unemployment. This happens as firms experiencing increased demand for their products are encouraged to increase their output. In order to do so, they'll need more workers to actually produce that output, and so unemployment falls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rubyx

6 marks - two points well made. If a diagram is asked, a diagram and one point.

10 - marks.
Treat this as a mini essay.
L1 - Definitions
L2- Very short application (can be included in A3)
L3 - two points of analysis. Lengthy answers are not necessary.
L4 - Two evaluation points. Same as above.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone suggest a possible question about extract 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
6 marks - two points well made. If a diagram is asked, a diagram and one point.

10 - marks.
Treat this as a mini essay.
L1 - Definitions
L2- Very short application (can be included in A3)
L3 - two points of analysis. Lengthy answers are not necessary.
L4 - Two evaluation points. Same as above.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean by A3? By application do you mean relating it to the context of the case study?
Original post by jamesbird18
What do you mean by A3? By application do you mean relating it to the context of the case study?

L3 is the analysis (same as AS). That's usually explaining why the statement in the question is correct.

Yes, but also examples, analytical statements without analysis etc. Don't worry though, L2 blends with L3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
Is that A2 content?

Anyway, you draw a a regular AS/AD diagram, with real GDP increasing (you may use LRAS or SRAS).

You'd then need to explain how this happens:

-Describe the diagram.

-Employment is a derived demand, and so an increase in Real GDP will reduce unemployment. This happens as firms experiencing increased demand for their products are encouraged to increase their output. In order to do so, they'll need more workers to actually produce that output, and so unemployment falls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not really a question but just to confirm, real GDP increase may also be attributed to a rise in AD right (Provided there is spare capacity)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending