The Student Room Group

OCR F585 June 2015 The Global Economy

Scroll to see replies

How significant is it to refer to or quote specific parts of the pre release? Is it something that should be done throughout our answers or??
What happened to the google drive file with questions and answers?
1c) Comment on whether rebalancing the economy away fromconsumption and towards investment would make economic growth more sustainable.(10)typical structure for this question?
Original post by jchap9776
How significant is it to refer to or quote specific parts of the pre release? Is it something that should be done throughout our answers or??

That's the application part of your answer. It is important and helps develop your answer.
Reply 1384
Extract 2, a supply side policy to improve international competitiveness, one of them is to 'cut corporation tax from 23% to 20% in 2015' does anyone know if this had been achieved ???

--
edit:

never mind,

'The Corporation Tax rate for company PROFITS from 1 April 2015 is20%''
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by keynes24
That's the application part of your answer. It is important and helps develop your answer.

ah cheers, is that A02??
Just a quick reminder that there were amendments a couple of months ago to figure 4.2 and therefore the info for this extract in some of the toolkits is wrong so watch out!
Original post by fredhovis
1c) Comment on whether rebalancing the economy away fromconsumption and towards investment would make economic growth more sustainable.(10)typical structure for this question?

define the key terms, then talk about how the policies mentioned in the pre-release and how they would improve productivity eg. investment = purchase of capital = unit costs fall, could mention how more spending on education and training will improve human capital,in effect making up for the loss of human capital that arises due hysteresis and long term unemployment. Then develop points as to why rebalancing the economy may not make growth more sustainable eg the fact that net trade isin a deficit and blanchflower talks of how the external sector is a drag on our economy - so success of these policies is dependent on a.) the policies working (i.e. investment actually increasing which it may not due to low business confidence) and b.) export revenue actually increasing (i.e. is the UK more internationally competitive relative to its competitors in international trade, are our trading partners in a macroeconomic position where incomes are rising and foreign consumers are able to demand UK exports)
Reply 1388
Original post by anorris13
What happened to the google drive file with questions and answers?

It still exists, as you can imagine there's a lot of requests for it and the person whose managing it is really only adding people who contribute or looks like they would :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1389
Original post by Carrot123
I am struggling on this question, my mind has gone blank...

What is the significance on world trade of the growing uncertainty about the Euro?

Any help would be great...

Did you find the answer haha, I'm assuming since we know in extract 4 that global trade growth slowed and there was uncertainty of the euro so it must mean people took money out of the EU and traded less which led to a slowdown in overall trade since a lot of trade is contributed by developed economies. Also trade then probably starts occurring with developing economies and developed and more on the basis of comparative advantage (maybe) than trading blocs or due to exports being cheaper elsewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1390

If we mention real wages decreasing but know that e.g real wages is no longer decreasing do we answer as if we was just in the timeframe of the case study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lam12
It still exists, as you can imagine there's a lot of requests for it and the person whose managing it is really only adding people who contribute or looks like they would :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I contributed in the early stages, in fact I think I was the first to comment. is there anyway I could be added back in?
Reply 1392
Original post by anorris13
I contributed in the early stages, in fact I think I was the first to comment. is there anyway I could be added back in?

Pm lionelmessi19

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1393
Analyse the effects of a fall in growth of world trade ( 6 marks)

How would I answer this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by R_Sohail0702
Hey i'm self teaching too! If somebody could add me to gain access to the google document or the toolkit I will be forever grateful! I have some model questions that I think may come up after speaking to an exam writer!

What did the exam writer say?
Discuss the extent to which globalisation has had a positive impact on both developed and developing countries.

For this question should you write a benefit for developing and a cost for developing and a benefit for developed and a negative for developed.
Or should i write a benefit to both and negatively impacts one more than another?
Original post by R_Sohail0702
Hey i'm self teaching too! If somebody could add me to gain access to the google document or the toolkit I will be forever grateful! I have some model questions that I think may come up after speaking to an exam writer!

That sounds dubious to me.
Original post by Commentator
Discuss the extent to which globalisation has had a positive impact on both developed and developing countries.

For this question should you write a benefit for developing and a cost for developing and a benefit for developed and a negative for developed.
Or should i write a benefit to both and negatively impacts one more than another?

benefits to both developed and developing countries for analysis.
benefits to both developed and developing countries for analysis.

then for evaluation costs to both or cost to one over the other?
Original post by Commentator
then for evaluation costs to both or cost to one over the other?
costs to both for evaluation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending