The Student Room Group

Kelly Brook and hitting men

She basically brags about punching ( not slapping, but punching) her ex boyfriends and blames it all on ''fiery passion''. On top of that, the hosts are laughing along with her!!! Can you imagine a guy saying he punched his last few gf's on a huge national TV show and having lighthearted conversation about it with the hosts while treating it like a joke? I have checked the usual feminist outlets on this and to my surprise the level of outrage is on par with Rotherham. Meaning zero. Would feminists be so quiet if a guy punched a woman out of fiery passion?

(edited 9 years ago)
Feminists are just embarrassing for us women.
:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by missfats

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I sometimes don't really get their definition of equality.
Reply 3
Can a mod move this to Society please?

Found a great Guardian article:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/11/kelly-brook-punching-two-men-jason-statham-danny-cipriani-male-victims-violence

Women are committing violence against men and boys on a daily basis and their male victims are less likely to report the violence to anyone, fear they won’t be believed and are less likely to see the perpetrator held to account when they do come forward. International research suggests that as much as half of domestic violence is committed against men, but in the UK, fewer that 7% of convicted perpetrators are female. So what can we learn from Brook’s refusal to take responsibility for her own celebrity violence? She is clearly no ordinary women, but the gender script she is performing is predictably ordinary.
Reply 4
Original post by obidobi
She basically brags about punching ( not slapping, but punching) her ex boyfriends and blames it all on ''fiery passion''.

Original post by missfats

Posted from TSR Mobile

i found this a tad embarrassing.

[video="youtube;dCt8XSyIfzc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCt8XSyIfzc[/video]
Well she is a bit of an auld slapper really.
Reply 6
You think that's bad, Google talk show women laughing at castrating ex-boyfriend/husband

here ya gohttp://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1855922
I saw that yesterday. I can't believe they didn't condemn her actions. Holly did look slightly uncomfortable though, although of course that isn't enough. It should be all of our responsibility to speak out against domestic violence against both men and women, not just feminists.
Reply 9
I dream of a day when men and women are equal. When the entire panel and audience on a major TV show laugh their asses off at a woman being punched by a man or being drugged, having her sexual organs chopped off and thrown in the garbage disposal. Now that's equality!
Can someone tell me how far in the comment is? I can't really be bothered watching the whole thing if it's near the end
Men deserve to be hit sometimes tbh so I understand where she's coming from. Let's be honest an average woman won't hurt an average man if she punches him or slaps him. Men need to learn that women can hit them but they can't hit back because they can cause more damage. And anyway whenever she slapped her bf it's because he either cheated or mistreated her in some other way.

Let's be real one of her boyfriends player is a rugby player the other is a martial arts expert.

The men in this thread are being pathetic.

Quick Reply

Latest