The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Spending money for UCL Freshers!?

Hellloooooo

I have about £80 a week to spend on whatever, going out etc, which works out just over £10 a night :s... not alot!

Whats everyone else taking?
Original post by physicso
Hellloooooo

I have about £80 a week to spend on whatever, going out etc, which works out just over £10 a night :s... not alot!

Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by physicso
Hellloooooo

That's actually quite a lot considering i'm going to spend £40 a week. Think of it as a £40 weekly shop and and a £40 per week being saved for nights out.

For me it's £30 for a weekly shop and £10 saved for partying.

I wouldn't think that people would party that much though. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
I'd say 80 is OK, but that depends on what you're up to. I usually don't go partying, so I'm fine.
£80 is plenty... but i don't drink or go partying so that's not really an issue for me

i spent £45 on my first shop (stocking up on the essentials and then the food) , and £30 this week so out of my £80 budget i have £50 left

i don't buy coffees/have lunch out , and i don't have travel costs because my parents cover it , so i'd say you're fine unless you're a huge party person...

i also have a job which gives me £75 a week on top of my £80 and a tutoring job which is only an hour a week but an extra £30/£40 depending on who i'm tutoring

so yeah , if you're that worried , get a job to subsidise your partying :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending