The Student Room Group

Educational Qualifications [MOOCs, Online-Courses, APs etc.]

Hello!

I could use some assistance with my UCAS application. :-)

Are MOOCs valid educational qualifications while applying to university?
If yes, where should I mention that?

I have given the AP test.
AP Calculus BC: 5
AP Physics E&M: 5
AP Calculus AB (Subscore): 5

Can I mention my 'AP Calc AB (Subscore)' as an additional qualification?

Original post by AkashdeepDeb
Hello!

I could use some assistance with my UCAS application. :-)

Are MOOCs valid educational qualifications while applying to university?
If yes, where should I mention that?

I have given the AP test.
AP Calculus BC: 5
AP Physics E&M: 5
AP Calculus AB (Subscore): 5

Can I mention my 'AP Calc AB (Subscore)' as an additional qualification?

If you've received formal recognition of a completion or passing a MOOC then it can be included in your application - add the awarding body (usually the website hosting the MOOC) as an education institution with part time attendance and attach the MOOCs to that place of study. Usually there is a fee for formal recognition - if you haven't paid the fee for the formal certification then you can only mention MOOCS as something that may be relevant to your course in your PS (or ask your referee to mention them)

For your APs do you get a separate certificate for your subscore? If you don't then you cannot include it (but your referee can refer to it in your reference)
Original post by PQ
If you've received formal recognition of a completion or passing a MOOC then it can be included in your application - add the awarding body (usually the website hosting the MOOC) as an education institution with part time attendance and attach the MOOCs to that place of study. Usually there is a fee for formal recognition - if you haven't paid the fee for the formal certification then you can only mention MOOCS as something that may be relevant to your course in your PS (or ask your referee to mention them)

For your APs do you get a separate certificate for your subscore? If you don't then you cannot include it (but your referee can refer to it in your reference)

I don't have a certificate for any of my AP scores. This is how it was specified in an unofficial copy:

None of the MOOCs I have taken were paid for. I wanted to take it because it was fun, not really for the certificate but got the certificate anyways at the end. I have one from MIT, Harvard and Stanford. I have the certificate for those. Can I not put them as a qualification?

Thanks for the help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending