The Student Room Group

Volunteering/Work Experience for Law

I’m a year 12 student who’s aspiring to do law at uni. I want to do some work experience or volunteering to make myself more attractive to universities, does anyone know where i should start looking?
Law is an academic degree. Work experience won’t improve your application. Universities are interested in your academic qualifications and academic interests in law.

If you want to get work experience for your own personal development then go for it but it’s not relevant for a law degree application
Original post by freyacw
I’m a year 12 student who’s aspiring to do law at uni. I want to do some work experience or volunteering to make myself more attractive to universities, does anyone know where i should start looking?

Hi there

I would recommed actively sending out cover letters and CVs to local law firms. Or, checking their websites for volunteering opportunities can be useful too.

However, these opportunities can be quite limited depending on the area you are living at. If so, I would recommend searching online for some virtual opportunities. (MOOCs etc.) Having these experiences in place can really help you compose a good personal statement and demonstrate your interest in law. I would also recommend looking for books to read, such as "Letters to a Law Student".

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending