The Student Room Group

BSMS A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr Gin
Ha ha ha

My daughter's the applicant you numpty!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just gonna say....Dr Gin sounds like a paedophile.
He/She is prob 40/50/60+ (not being ageist) and is talking to people anonymously over the Internet to a school leaver likely to be under 18
Good luck guys!
Reply 582
Original post by Spurgeon
Good luck guys!

You too

Have u got an interview?
Original post by Ahwab
You too

Have u got an interview?

Yeah a few years ago :wink:
Reply 584
Yeah a few years ago :wink:

Wowsers! A former student

Any tips for interview?
Original post by Ahwab
Wowsers! A former student

Any tips for interview?

Not quite former. Current student.

BSMS was my most chilled interview. Top tip would be to relax and be interesting.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Turdasaurus Rex
Just gonna say....Dr Gin sounds like a paedophile.
He/She is prob 40/50/60+ (not being ageist) and is talking to people anonymously over the Internet to a school leaver likely to be under 18

This is a really nasty accusation.

I have accompanied my daughter to every open day (8) and every interview (5 so far), I was there to support her for each rejection and shared her joy when she got her first offer a few days ago.

I have huge respect for those of you who do this without parental support but, in our case, whilst the hard work has all been hers and she'll reach her destination alone the journey has been shared.

TSR has many doctors on it. I very much doubt that any of us are here for any reason other than to support someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr Gin
This is a really nasty accusation.

I have accompanied my daughter to every open day (8) and every interview (5 so far), I was there to support her for each rejection and shared her joy when she got her first offer a few days ago.

I have huge respect for those of you who do this without parental support but, in our case, whilst the hard work has all been hers and she'll reach her destination alone the journey has been shared.

TSR has many doctors on it. I very much doubt that any of us are here for any reason other than to support someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, I'm just joking btw.
Nearly everyone has one already :frown:....
getting worried now

My BMAT scores are 6.5,5.4,3A but what chances do i have u think ?
Original post by sanjaikraj93
Nearly everyone has one already :frown:....
getting worried now

My BMAT scores are 6.5,5.4,3A but what chances do i have u think ?

I think you will defo get one, I think their system is being very retarded. It also doesn't matter when you have your interview as you only find out about offers until March
Got an interview day for the 21st

S1+2= 13.3
Original post by qwerty_96

S1+2= 13.3

Congratulations (and well done on amazing BMAT)!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 592
Original post by qwerty_96

S1+2= 13.3

Whoop whoop congratz!!!!!!
Where at and what time?
Reply 593
Look forward to seeing all those with 21 Jan interviews at Mayfield. I have the afternoon slot. Anyone else?
Reply 594
Not quite former. Current student.

BSMS was my most chilled interview. Top tip would be to relax and be interesting.

Easier said than done!
Original post by Ahwab
Whoop whoop congratz!!!!!!
Where at and what time?

" Mayfield House Foyer (ground floor), University of Brighton"
its a pm one i haven't been given a specific slot yet
Original post by Dr Gin
Congratulations (and well done on amazing BMAT)!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an interview with 5.1. 4.0 and 4A. I think that they must be doing the interviews with more than just bmat scores then. I attended BrightMed (a medical outreach programme at bsms) so I'm guessing that they looked at personal statements too. This university was my inspiration to get into medicine, so I'm hoping that I can really put that across at interview. Good luck to everyone! Everyone that I've met at BSMS have been lovely, so I'm sure the interview will be fine.
Original post by Watson_Jordan
I got an interview with 5.1. 4.0 and 4A. I think that they must be doing the interviews with more than just bmat scores then. I attended BrightMed (a medical outreach programme at bsms) so I'm guessing that they looked at personal statements too. This university was my inspiration to get into medicine, so I'm hoping that I can really put that across at interview. Good luck to everyone! Everyone that I've met at BSMS have been lovely, so I'm sure the interview will be fine.

Congratulations! When did you receive your invite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is 10.8 S1 + S2 going to be enough do we think..
I got 6.2 S1 and 4.4 S2 - do you think that may be enough to get an interview? Really panicking now!
My academic is pretty good, 8A* GCSEs and achieved AAA @ A levels last year, plus have lots of good non-academic stuff (2 years working as a hospital phlebotomist). So hope they look at things other than my rubbishy BMAT!
Have people had interviews already?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending