The Student Room Group

Young men 70% more likely than young women to live with parents

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Eboracum
The Feminazis were very quick to get in on this thread.

Yes there are some who I join you in criticising, but it's also about young women these days are little lazy selfish whiney ****ty women-girls, with no ambition and no sense of responsibility who *know that successful men their own age won't touch them with a barge pole...thus, they move in with men 7+ years older than them and reap the rewards of their big salaries.

Please re-read my edited comment to understand I am with you :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
Is that a lonely island reference? If so, that's genius :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A feminist once gave some book about how gender is socially constructed or some crap like that. You know what I did with it?
Reply 82
Original post by miser
I don't think it's as complicated as this. I think people are just attracted to whomever they are attracted to, and for women it tends to be that they are attracted to social status, which is conferred by financial power.

but your argument is essentially saying that men must be older and richer to be attractive because BIOLOGY therefore women seeking that shouldn't have to put any effort in?

Or that young aesthetic women should marry richer less aesthetic men due to social proof which falls back into RedPill/PUA philosophy…

I am trying to get beyond this, this having the cake and eating it
Original post by obidobi
A feminist once gave some book about how gender is socially constructed or some crap like that. You know what I did with it?

Do tell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by Riku
but your argument is essentially saying that men must be older and richer to be attractive because BIOLOGY therefore women seeking that shouldn't have to put any effort in?

Or that young aesthetic women should marry richer less aesthetic men due to social proof which falls back into RedPill/PUA philosophy…

I am trying to get beyond this, this having the cake and eating it

No, no, I'm not making any kind of argument like that. You are reading into far more than what I have said. I don't believe "men must be older and richer to be attractive", or that "young aesthetic women should marry richer less aesthetic men due to social proof".

But I do believe that attraction is not rational. It's not a matter of a person saying, "well, it would be good for me if I found older, rich men attractive, as that way I'd have a happier, more secure life" - we don't have that kind of control. Attraction is a very deep-rooted, subconscious emotion.

When judging people for their relationship choices, unless I am mistakenly interpreting what you're saying, you appear to be of the impression that people can choose whom they are attracted to, as if it were all social strategy. I say people just like whom they like, at the whims of their subconscious. And the people whom you like, you are open to forming relationships with. In this case, it just happens that women are attracted to social status.
Original post by Le Nombre
Genuinely don't know how people do it, I'd crawl through broken glass rather than live at home again. I'm an adult, not a child.

Indeed. I've always been of the view that once you move out, you can never return. Plus, the thought of going back to living in tiny bedroom, with no friends in the area and limited job opportunities in a terrible city doesn't exactly appeal to me.

The only reason for this stat is that men prefer younger women, and women prefer older men. Nothing new there at all. Besides, I know of quite a few girls who have moved out but they are simply living in the BF's house with the BF's parents.
Reply 86
Original post by miser
No, no, I'm not making any kind of argument like that. You are reading into far more than what I have said. I don't believe "men must be older and richer to be attractive", or that "young aesthetic women should marry richer less aesthetic men due to social proof".

But I do believe that attraction is not rational. It's not a matter of a person saying, "well, it would be good for me if I found older, rich men attractive, as that way I'd have a happier, more secure life" - we don't have that kind of control. Attraction is a very deep-rooted, subconscious emotion.

When judging people for their relationship choices, unless I am mistakenly interpreting what you're saying, you appear to be of the impression that people can choose whom they are attracted to, as if it were all social strategy. I say people just like whom they like, at the whims of their subconscious. And the people whom you like, you are open to forming relationships with. In this case, it just happens that women are attracted to social status.

I'll agree with that, however popular conceptions are that women like rich (but not materialistic), popular (but not superficial) ambitious (but laid-back), athletic/aesthetic (but not obsessed with body image) confident (but not arrogant), intelligent (but not pretentious), responsible (but again laid-back, not high-strung) men with a good sense of humour (but not a clown) and passionate (but not zealous or obsessed) about life and their hobbies. This list is reasonable because "we can't help what we like, attraction is subconscious"-it boils down to "men must be Superman but not trying to be". This is RP's concept of the "natural alpha".

If I expected the same list of a woman I would be told to take a long hard look at myself, lower my standards and stop living in fairy-land.
Reply 87
The welfare state is very biased when it comes to housing women. All they need is to get knocked up.
Original post by obidobi
You don't need their handouts, you're an adult!

Right, I don't get your point? Why would I get handouts from my parents, I earn enough to pay 40% income tax, I hardly need my parents' money.
Reply 89
Original post by Riku
I'll agree with that, however popular conceptions are that women like rich (but not materialistic), popular (but not superficial) ambitious (but laid-back), athletic/aesthetic (but not obsessed with body image) confident (but not arrogant), intelligent (but not pretentious), responsible (but again laid-back, not high-strung) men with a good sense of humour (but not a clown) and passionate (but not zealous or obsessed) about life and their hobbies. This list is reasonable because "we can't help what we like, attraction is subconscious"-it boils down to "men must be Superman but not trying to be". This is RP's concept of the "natural alpha".

If I expected the same list of a woman I would be told to take a long hard look at myself, lower my standards and stop living in fairy-land.

Even if it were the case that a man had to be those things, it wouldn't be the fault of women if it were really the case that they couldn't help what they found attractive.

But as it happens, a man doesn't have to be all these things - they just have to be better than the competition.
Original post by Philip_Philtrum
I actually think there is a world of difference between attempted and actual. Attempted is a cry for help so they don't want to die, actual is where they want to die.

Men actually want to die. Considering your fight for survival will be your strongest instinct it shows how desperate and miserable they truly are.

I'd have to disagree. Whether they take an overdose or hang themselves, they are actively trying to end their lives. They don't think anyone is going to help them. That is the end for them. To say someone who is perhaps found before they actually die is only doing that as a cry for help and isn't desperate and miserable is very wrong to me. I think it's important to recognise that suicide is a horrible issue that effects both genders and both genders 'actually want to die'. The attempted/actual difference is just an issue of different methods.

However, maybe more men become depressed because of unemployment than women; I don't have any stats on this, but it could be possible.
Anyone over the arbitrarily-defined-age-of-24-as-dictated-by-the-whims-of-society still living with their parents is a massive loser and a failure at life. Please find these people and throw rotten tomatoes at them at the earliest opportunity. It is important that everyone, but especially if you arbitrarily happen to be born with a penis, pay extortionate amounts of money to a landlord to keep a roof over your head while you slave away waiting to earn a deposit for a house once you decide to 'settle down'. Please ignore the fact that your parents may be able to house you for little to no rent. Please ignore the fact that probably over half your income will go towards a landlord who loves you really and cares about you deeply. Please believe that the housing market is completely legitimate and fairly priced with no corruption on the parts of banks and landowners creating stupidly artificially high prices. Just slave away in your soul-destroying job all the way through your twenties and pay rent like a good, obedient citizen. You can always just enjoy the weekends! Remember paying stupid amounts of rent is good for the economy so you're doing a good thing. Thank you for your cooperation. David Cameron loves you. You make this country proud. Carry on.
Reply 92
Young women move into together after experiencing how **** men can be so they can eat ice cream and watch Jason Segel films xox
Original post by Philip_Philtrum
So you know 4 people in total?

lols it seems that way doesn't it...?
hmm....maybe I should get out more....
lols no I just meant that I know 4 examples that related to this thread because I don't know many people that are older than me (I'm 18 xD)
As unmarried childless women ( on average) in the same age group earn more than men, they have more money to spend on rent or a mortgage.
Original post by caravaggio2
As unmarried childless women ( on average) in the same age group earn more than men, they have more money to spend on rent or a mortgage.

This is definitely true, besides its more expensive to live out.
Its the wage gap that feminists never go on about funny enough.😊
Original post by caravaggio2

Evidence?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In Western countries it is men who are more likely to live with their parents and women more likely to leave home.

In parts of the East like South Asia it is more likely to be women living within their parents whilst young men leave in search of fun, adventure, work, etc.

Cultural differrence.
Datpiff wrote

"Evidence"

(That women earn more than men in this age group)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2237196/Women-win-gender-pay-war-20s-earning-men-age.html
There you go.
Only because I think you are a guy.

I have given up providing evidence to female feminists

My experience with feminists is they ask for evidence, you go away take half an hour getting all the evidence they could want, various links etc. write a stonking post and post it up, only for it to be ignored.
It is a technique that hints you are a liar if youdont get the evidence, and kicks you into the long grass if you do.
It happens so often that it is either something they learn in womens studies classes or from each other online.
Either way Im done with it.

Your'e a hip guy, yourinto feminism and womens problem?
Ask yourself, why have you neve come across this stat before?
Broaden you sources and under no circumstances take what the feminist movement puts out without question.
In the words of Thomas Sowell,
Feminists strong point isnt facts. Its rhetoric.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending