The Student Room Group

John Lewis start date confusion.

Made a new thread for this question since I couldn't find a recent JLP thread and it's a semi urgent query.

I applied to a job at John Lewis for seasonal temp work and I was then invited to an assessment centre interview which I was successful in passing last Wednesday.

The confusing part is when I was given an offer letter via the online candidate centre website on the 16th of September.

I accepted it. It stated my hours/rota for the week and it also had a start date of the 19th of September but it was contradicted by a few things.

-The offer letter states it is to be agreed with my line manager after filling out the medical questionnaire which I have completed and sent back online.

-I haven't been provided a new starter pack or anything

-I have absolutely no idea of the uniform. (I filled out a sheet but they took it and I haven't heard anything back)

-When I asked when I would be starting at the group assessment, one of the JL recruiters said that it would probably be mid to late October. I have no problem with starting sooner but a bit more notice would be nice. It makes more sense for seasonal work to start in October?

-----

Some of these facts make me think that the 19/09/14 isn't my start date since I am getting mixed messages. Surely they need to give more than 4 days between accepting the offer and starting? (The offer letter itself has 14 days to accept or it expires)

All in all I am sort of a bit concerned since apparently I am starting tomorrow but there is no information on induction or anything like that. I have emailed the resourcing team but I have not heard anything back and they close at 6pm.

Anybody had the same issue?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Issue resolved. A panic phone call to head office always solves the issue. :smile:
Reply 2
They are poorly organised nowadays, it's terrible. I've had problems with my application too
I've got an interview with John Lewis for seasonal temporary work tomorrow. Any tips? :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending