The Student Room Group

If I chose these A levels what kind of courses or jobs could I get? I'm not sure

I'm struggling with what A levels to pick? I was thinking about taking chemistry, biology, physical education and maths. What university courses would I be able to do? I either want to go into medicine or sports? Please help :confused:
For medicine: It would be helpful to have chemistry & biology and maths is always a good option as a quality A Level under your belt.

For sports: Clearly sport studies or equivalent would be advisable, together with biology and perhaps chemistry.

It sounds like you would be well suited for medicine, sports or physical medicine (e.g. physiotherapy).

My advice, based on the options you want to keep open, would be to take sports, biology and chemistry. Then take maths additionally if you feel like you're capable of getting a good grade. If you're less numerically talented, you could try another subject such as a language or history.

Hope I've been of some help. Please do talk to your teachers, parents and people in the professions you're interested in to get the full picture.
Reply 2
Original post by c2435
I'm struggling with what A levels to pick? I was thinking about taking chemistry, biology, physical education and maths. What university courses would I be able to do? I either want to go into medicine or sports? Please help :confused:

If you are trying to keep your options open then you are picking the right subjects, as said i the post above probably doing chem, bio and PE to start with and plan on having maths as your AS is a good idea, however if you were to change your mind then this can be switched to the course you find you are more suited to.
there are plenty of other courses you could do in the med side;

radiology, optometry, physio. (only a few there are many more)

or go into a general science degree;
Natural sciences, chemistry, bio, BioChem, pharmsci, forensics

and then maths you could do maths and potentially some kind of engineering maybe chemical (don't take my word for it though :wink: )

overall though that is a strong set to go for and as long as you are willing to put in the work for the grades at the end then there is nothing for you to worry about, (cheesy i know) but the world is your oyster :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest