The Student Room Group

American Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by derek15
I know all of your pains, I only have safety schools In the US, so all my apps are either match or high reach, I'm nervous I won't get in anywhere! I received a confirmation email from LSE and Kings, haven't heard from oxford but then again I won't until I take their entrance exam on Nov. 5

IM SO IMPATIENT TOO URGHHH I JUST WANT TO KNOW ALREADY!

What are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by Coffeetime

Posted from TSR Mobile

kings-IR
Kings-politics
LSE-government
oxford-History and Politics
Reply 82

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where/what are you applying for?
Original post by derek15
Where/what are you applying for?

Nottingham: Ancient History
Reading: Ancient History
Newcastle: Ancient History
Leeds: Classical Civilisation
Warwick: Classical Civilisation

What's your favourite?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Nottingham: Ancient History
Reading: Ancient History
Newcastle: Ancient History
Leeds: Classical Civilisation
Warwick: Classical Civilisation

What's your favourite?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxford because it's oxford (lol) and I did a programme there and my mom went there.
how about you?

my stats by the way:
SAT-2020
will take SAT 2nd time later predicted 2100
SATII- Us history 710 Literature 740 World history 730(predicted)
AP:
us history-5
world history-5
us gov-5
comparative gov-5
Music theory-5
lit-4
european history-5(predicted)
Original post by derek15
Oxford because it's oxford (lol) and I did a programme there and my mom went there.
how about you?

my stats by the way:
SAT-2020
will take SAT 2nd time later predicted 2100
SATII- Us history 710 Literature 740 World history 730(predicted)
AP:
us history-5
world history-5
us gov-5
comparative gov-5
Music theory-5
lit-4
european history-5(predicted)

Wow. That's impressive. What is the SAT out of anyway? I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I'm a mature student, so I took them back in '04, my senior year and they were completely different.

Nottingham is my top choice. I had decided against it for a bit, but I keep going back to it. It's the one I'm most anxious to hear back from and of course, the only one I haven't received a welcome email from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Wow. That's impressive. What is the SAT out of anyway? I don't know if I've mentioned it, but I'm a mature student, so I took them back in '04, my senior year and they were completely different.

Nottingham is my top choice. I had decided against it for a bit, but I keep going back to it. It's the one I'm most anxious to hear back from and of course, the only one I haven't received a welcome email from.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh oh my bad I thought we could chance each other I assumed you were a senior too lol. It's out of 2400 now, 3 sections of 800.
Original post by derek15
Oh oh my bad I thought we could chance each other I assumed you were a senior too lol. It's out of 2400 now, 3 sections of 800.

It's okay. I stopped saying because I felt like I always mentioned it. I'm older than most, if not all of you, at 27. But I'm hoping my age gives me a slight advantage. Saying that makes me sound so old!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're so good at relieving my fears. Thanks! I just worry because I don't have any recent qualifications. I mean I went to college up until may, but I didn't have a degree. But I'm hoping they'll understand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have thoroughly stalked the threads to relieve my fears. lol.
Kent sent me my acknowledgement email this morning. I hope this means an offer will come soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yourgirlbribri
I have thoroughly stalked the threads to relieve my fears. lol.
Kent sent me my acknowledgement email this morning. I hope this means an offer will come soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did that last night. I re-read that American applicant thread from a few years back. I just wish Nottingham would acknowledge me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I did that last night. I re-read that American applicant thread from a few years back. I just wish Nottingham would acknowledge me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have read every post in that thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have read every post in that thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I have as well. I only got about thirty pages in last night. Hmmm. I'm going to have to keep reading.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I have as well. I only got about thirty pages in last night. Hmmm. I'm going to have to keep reading.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That thread made me feel so inadequate in my Uni choices. I kept feeling like I should apply for more top 20 Unis but most of them don't have a Theatre department or it is only Theatre theory modules for the combined course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That thread made me feel so inadequate in my Uni choices. I kept feeling like I should apply for more top 20 Unis but most of them don't have a Theatre department or it is only Theatre theory modules for the combined course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have to do what's right for you. And if you noticed, almost all of them applied to Edinburgh or St. Andrews. I don't want to go the same places as every other American.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have to do what's right for you. And if you noticed, almost all of them applied to Edinburgh or St. Andrews. I don't want to go the same places as every other American.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neither do I. Apparently us Americans really like Edinburgh, St. Andrews, UCL, Oxbridge and LSE. If not those KCL and QMUL because they are in London. Although QMUL is #2 for drama but I'd have to do an in person audition/interview and I can't afford the flight for a maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Neither do I. Apparently us Americans really like Edinburgh, St. Andrews, UCL, Oxbridge and LSE. If not those KCL and QMUL because they are in London. Although QMUL is #2 for drama but I'd have to do an in person audition/interview and I can't afford the flight for a maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I looked into UCL, but I didn't like the ancient history program. I loved it at KCL, but I don't really want to be in London. That would mean I'd have to take more loans than I would elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I looked into UCL, but I didn't like the ancient history program. I loved it at KCL, but I don't really want to be in London. That would mean I'd have to take more loans than I would elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I still have my 5th choice open. So if I get an unconditional for Kent. I am thinking about applying to Warwick or UEA just because.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still have my 5th choice open. So if I get an unconditional for Kent. I am thinking about applying to Warwick or UEA just because.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do Warwick! Lol. It looks amazing. The only thing that I don't like is that it's a bit isolated from everything else. But it sounds like there's so much to do. I've noticed people have already been hearing from Warwick too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do Warwick! Lol. It looks amazing. The only thing that I don't like is that it's a bit isolated from everything else. But it sounds like there's so much to do. I've noticed people have already been hearing from Warwick too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We'll see lol. Warwick has a 33% acceptance rate for Drama and English. So the competition is steep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
We'll see lol. Warwick has a 33% acceptance rate for Drama and English. The competition is steep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow. That is crazy. I just had a quick look. What about exeter or royal holloway? I almost applied to both of those, but others won out in the end.

Not sure if I've asked this, but what's your career goal with your degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending