The Student Room Group

Petroleum Engineering

Hello, I'm currently in year 13 studying Maths, Chemistry and English lit for my a-levels. I hope to study a petroleum engineering degree at university and most unis require maths and chemistry but i was wondering if i stood a chance without a physics a-level. thanks x
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by monafox
Hello, I'm currently in year 13 studying Maths, Chemistry and English lit for my a-levels. I hope to study a petroleum engineering degree at university and most unis require maths and chemistry but i was wondering if i stood a chance without a physics a-level. thanks x

Maybe. As always, check the requirements.

But I have to say, doing an Engineering degree without doing Physics sounds a little strange to me. :eek: Is there any specific reason you are not doing Physics? A lot of universities will offer a foundation year to catch up on the material, so you do still have options :smile:.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Yes, as I wasn't planning on doing an engineering course when choosing my as levels, but recently changed my mind. Yeah I was thinking of doing a foundation course, I guess I'll explore other options :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Lots of universities don't require physics for engineering courses. Only maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by monafox

I don't think you'd need to do a foundation year. In first year there are 1 or 2 optional modules, 1 if them is engineering physics, do that and it'll get you upto scratch :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest