The Student Room Group

Aerospace Engineering applicant for 2024

Hey, If anyone has got into Imperial, Bristol, Bath or Southampton Aero courses this year, could you give me a rough description of your application - i.3 predicted grades and offers etc..
Thanks
Original post by thatoneadi
Hey, If anyone has got into Imperial, Bristol, Bath or Southampton Aero courses this year, could you give me a rough description of your application - i.3 predicted grades and offers etc..
Thanks

Hi I applied to Bristol and Southampton for Aerospace for a 2023 start. I took Maths, Physics, Chemistry and a level 3 EPQ, predicted A* in each. I got offers for both unis. My advice would just be to get those top predicted grades and have a good personal statement. I think Bath is be a similar story, but i’m aware that you need entrance exams (and possibly an interview) for Imperial. Further Maths would definitely help there. Good luck with your application!
Reply 2
Thanks a lot. Unfortunately I only have 3A* and an A in Maths, FM, physics and the A in chem so I don't now what my chances look like. Could I have a read of your personal statement ?
Thanks

I have got into southampton and I had A*AAA predicted grades. I have been given offers for A*AA or AAAA for southampton. both applications aerospace and bristol have told me theyre waiting to look at all applications failry before deciding. they also told me I meet the requirements.
i got into soton this year for mech eng, basically my application was just A*A*A for maths physics and economics and i was offered a conditional for A*AA and then my peronsal statement was about why i like my courses about why i enjoy engineering and examples like F1 then tlaked about my work experience in aviation then about my job i had throughout A-levels all linking these to what made me a good candiate fro example how achieveing my grades while playing competiitve sport and woroking demostrared strong time management somethign essential to suceeding in engineering.
Reply 5
Has anyone heard back from Bristol at all?
Original post by Persiss
Has anyone heard back from Bristol at all?

I have offers from Soton sheff and swansea but still waiting on bristol and bath.... kinda ****ed icl :/ bc I want to go to an offer day but probably won't be able to as the last one is in may (and I dont want to go in may because of exams). Good to know there are others who haven't heard from bristol
Thanks

Hi! I got Bristol and Imperial (didn't apply for aero anywhere else). GCSE grades are 12 9s and a D*2 in a vocational course. As for Sixth Form, I self-studied 2 A-Levels in Maths and FM and achieved A* B in Year 12. I study the IB diploma in school, and am predicted 45/45 (though when I applied I was predicted a 44) with a 777776 in HL Physics, Maths AA, Chemistry and SL Psychology, Spanish and Litlang. My offer for Imperial is 40 Pts, 7 7 in Maths and Physics. I rejected Bristol but my offer was 34 Pts, with 17 Pts in my Higher subjects, including a grade 6 in either Physics or Chemistry. Best of luck!
Reply 8
Original post by itzjamezlim
Hi! I got Bristol and Imperial (didn't apply for aero anywhere else). GCSE grades are 12 9s and a D*2 in a vocational course. As for Sixth Form, I self-studied 2 A-Levels in Maths and FM and achieved A* B in Year 12. I study the IB diploma in school, and am predicted 45/45 (though when I applied I was predicted a 44) with a 777776 in HL Physics, Maths AA, Chemistry and SL Psychology, Spanish and Litlang. My offer for Imperial is 40 Pts, 7 7 in Maths and Physics. I rejected Bristol but my offer was 34 Pts, with 17 Pts in my Higher subjects, including a grade 6 in either Physics or Chemistry. Best of luck!

What an academic weapon
Original post by Ajdj12
What an academic weapon
You're too sweet :smile:
Reply 10
Thanks

Hello,
I wanted to give my story about Bristol

A*A*A*A* in physics, maths, fm, chemistry

9888888888A in GCSE - my GCSEs were cancelled from covid btw, im in the year above

completed lots of engineering summer courses by UCL, completed flying lessons, have a programme at NASA

However i got offered an alternative course option with Bristol, i got offered either civil eng, or electronic eng.
Of course I was incredibly disappointed, I emailed admissions, and they said aerospace is Bristols most competitive course, so they only could offer students with all 9s... Of course that is a huge requirement.. considering I didnt even sit my GCSEs... I know someone that got rejected from bristol eng completely but got into Cambridge engineering. They told me if you dont have more than 8 9s and 3A*s they don't consider for aerospace. Hope that is helpful
Thanks

Hi, i applied last year during the 2023 intake but i applied for a deferred entry (so I’m gonna start this Sept). I’m pretty sure both my Bristol offer and my soton offer was AAB. However, i did my a level maths in y12 so I’m not sure if the AAB was inclusive or exclusive. My predicted grades were 3A*s and 1A in Further Maths, Maths, Physics and the A in chem. I did apply to Bath as well I think but I can’t remember the offer. I would check but unfortunately the email i used at the time was tied to my school’s and is now deactivated. Sorry
Thanks

Hi, I got into Bath and Southampton with predicted grades A*AA with a A in AS further maths. Also got offers from Sheffield and loughborough but got rejected from Bristol. I must have had quite a strong application as have heard people with higher grades than me who were rejected from Bath

Quick Reply

Latest