The Student Room Group

Chemical engineering at UCL offer

Has anyone received offers from UCL or any other university for chemical engineering?
I’m curious to see if there’s any.

Also what are we saying for this year, is it going to be harder or easier to get in compared to other years.

Scroll to see replies

I haven't got UCL yet- UCL usually give offers around March though- but I've got Birmingham and Sheffield so far, I applied about 3 weeks ago though, honestly i think it will be about the same no surprises with like increased grade boundaries so well be more prepared on what to expect
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by myhusbandleftme
I haven't got UCL- UCL usually give offers around March though- but I've got Birmingham and Sheffield so far, I applied about 3 weeks ago though, honestly i think it will be about the same no surprises with like increased grade boundaries so well be more prepared on what to expect

Same, I applied the first week of january
Original post by TWaynefromthe9
Same, I applied the first week of january

where have you applied?

where have you applied?

UCL, edi, Bristol(Eng math), bath, Loughborough

where have you applied?

What were ur predicteds or achieveds?
UCL, edi, Bristol(Eng math), bath, Loughborough

oh thats great, i wish bristol did chemical engineering though, if it did it would be my first choice immediately. I hope you get all your offers!
What were ur predicteds or achieveds?

Im predicted 4 A stars, I take maths, fm, chem and physics

Im predicted 4 A stars, I take maths, fm, chem and physics

Nice one, I’ll get in don’t worry tbh
Sorry I meant to say you’ll get in, I’m not sure about myself tho 😂😂😂
Sorry I meant to say you’ll get in, I’m not sure about myself tho 😂😂😂

lmao its okay, have you got other offers yet? Why dont you think youll get in?

I’ve got A*AA maths bio chem already achieved but it seems like everyone whose on this app has all A stars I’m not sure I can compete

No I haven’t got any offers I’m kinda worried ngl
I’ve got A*AA maths bio chem already achieved but it seems like everyone whose on this app has all A stars I’m not sure I can compete

I wouldnt be worried- different unis work at different rates, I dont know the unis youve applied to because theres only me and another guy in my school doing chem eng in my year and we dont have common unis with you, but I do have a friend who has AAA in chem maths and geography and hes got birmingham, leeds, newcastle and Leicester , waiting on southampton, generally if youre not looking for oxbridge- unis do go based of their entry requirements. Plus now the ucas deadline has gone departments will have alot alot of work and people to get through, they have till may so yeah honestly I think try not to overthink it- but i do understand the stress, im just constsntly refreshing my emails for UCAS emails
(plus with everyone on here many people lie im sorry looking at some example personal statements like just make you feel bad about yourself, so i wouldnt compare alot because I think alot of people do just lie)
(edited 2 months ago)

I wouldnt be worried- different unis work at different rates, I dont know the unis youve applied to because theres only me and another guy in my school doing chem eng in my year and we dont have common unis with you, but I do have a friend who has AAA in chem maths and geography and hes got birmingham, leeds, newcastle and Leicester , waiting on southampton, generally if youre not looking for oxbridge- unis do go based of their entry requirements. Plus now the ucas deadline has gone departments will have alot alot of work and people to get through, they have till may so yeah honestly I think try not to overthink it- but i do understand the stress, im just constsntly refreshing my emails for UCAS emails
(plus with everyone on here many people lie im sorry looking at some example personal statements like just make you feel bad about yourself, so i wouldnt compare alot because I think alot of people do just lie)

Love, thank you so much. I needed to hear that
Love, thank you so much. I needed to hear that

no problem 🙂 do update when you get your offers, Im sure theyre incoming!!

no problem 🙂 do update when you get your offers, Im sure theyre incoming!!

Ur too nice, deffo will do, fingers crossed man
No I haven’t got any offers I’m kinda worried ngl
Im predicted AAA for chem, bio and maths and have offers from bath, Edinburgh, manchester and loughborough, you will be fine lol
cambridge and ucl
Has anyone received offers from UCL or any other university for chemical engineering?
I’m curious to see if there’s any.
Also what are we saying for this year, is it going to be harder or easier to get in compared to other years.

Yh I did, i got it some time ago,
I applied Imperial, UCL, Bath, Southampton, Sheffield.
Im leaning towards Bath tho

Quick Reply

Latest