The Student Room Group

Two year degree

Not sure how many people would have any knowledge here but any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I've studied year 1 of an undergraduate degree on two occasions previously. Both years I failed due to health issues which were mild the first time and extreme the second. So I'm not eligible for student finance (aside from a maintenance loan or grant I believe) for year 1 of another undergraduate degree.

But now I've come across an intensive two year course at my local university and am wondering if I would be eligible again for full finance (entire tuition fees, maintenance loan and maintenance grant)? I know that the rule for student finance is present course - previous years of study + 1. So even if I did a foundation degree say, I wouldn't get year 1 of funding. But as this is a two year intensive degree where the actual years of study may be blurred, would this still be the case? Or is the focus on the student completing the course, whatever length the course is, after being at university year 1 twice before and failing?

Thanks for your time all.
Have you tried applying on compelling reasons grounds to get one of your previous year's ignored?
Reply 2
Original post by balotelli12
Have you tried applying on compelling reasons grounds to get one of your previous year's ignored?

Not yet. To be honest I'm all a bit last minute here. Have you applied for CPR yourself, if you don't mind me asking?
No, never needed to, but medical grounds are a well established route.
Reply 4
Original post by balotelli12
No, never needed to, but medical grounds are a well established route.

Many thanks. I'm just worried SF don't grant them very often but if it's a common enough thing then I have to try!
Original post by ironandbeer
Many thanks. I'm just worried SF don't grant them very often but if it's a common enough thing then I have to try!

As long as you have evidence that you were ill e.g. from a doctor who treated you, then you'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending