The Student Room Group

SFE rejected my student loan due to ELQ status

"As you are studying for a qualification that is equivalent to or lower than a qualification you already have, you’re not eligible for some aspects of student finance".

I completed one year (out of a two year) foundation degree in Primary Education. After completing one year, I changed degrees and universities to study BSc Web Design and Development. I have been told I will receive no funding at all for this degree which doesn't make sense.

I only have a level 4 qualification, I haven't studied levels 5 and 6 yet so technically I should receive funding for at least the last two years of the degree right?

I have JUST been told I need to pay £9k by April and with no financial support, I don't see that happening.

If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it!
(edited 3 months ago)
Hi Sumana23,

Do you have any other previous study apart from the year of the Primary Education degree?

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi Sumana23,

Do you have any other previous study apart from the year of the Primary Education degree?

Thanks,
Calum

Hey Calum,

I have a Level 4 HLTA diploma too but that's it. Even with that, shouldn't I only be eligible for funding for the last two years?
(edited 3 months ago)
Hi Sumana23,

You should be eligible for full tuition fee loan funding for your new course based on your previous study providing you do not already hold a degree-level qualification.

I would advise giving us a call on 0300 100 0607 so we can look into your account to ascertain why you have not been awarded funding for your new course as this may have been an error.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending