The Student Room Group

Dairy and acne. Need help with calcium intake

Okay, so I'm on a dairy free diet at the moment ever since talking to my doctor who confirmed that some studies have suggested that eating dairy products can exacerbate acne. You can google this if you don't believe me. I'm ten days into my non-dairy diet and I've seen a massive improvement. I've suffered with acne since the age of 12 and has tried every skin cleanser out there as well as medication such as Oxytetracilin and Lymecycline. Whilst some products have improved my skin, none have really gotten rid of my acne 100%, so needless to say I'm fairly please. I genuinely do believe cutting dairy products out of my diet has worked as I used to notice how I would get severe flair ups after days where I had a cheese/milk based product overload.

I want to continue with this diet. It's not a problem as I've gotten used to not eating dairy products. My only concern is whether this puts me at risk of becoming calcium deficient. Has anyone else tried this diet and has similar concerns. Also, can anyone recommend some high calcium snacks that May account for all the cheese and milk I'm missing out on.
Broccoli, almonds , sardines, bok choy, oranges :ahee: seaweed.
Reply 2
Why don't you try pure chimp face combo which solves a lot of skin problems.
It's natural and costs not much and it helped me much in solving skin problems.
Have raw milk, problem solved.

Source: I used to get cystic acne after consuming pasteurised milk (skimmed was worst) Raw Milk leaves me fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest