The Student Room Group

skin care routine

hello,
i am reallly stuck on this.
i have teen acne breakout(including white heads and ones with puss) and tough scars...so basically i have acne-prone-sensitive skin which is normal(neither dry nor oily)...i have visited several dermatologists and they recommended me not to use many products on my face as my skin is baby-like skin(several doctors have said me this)...i was recommeneded glencin(for pimples to dry without leaving scar), and a pharmaceris Albumin-c serum for hyperpigmentation(i have dark circles too)....however,this does not help new acne-breakouts and takes months on end to just lighten my scars....i was thinking about using Cerave acne-foaming face wash along with this serum(as this would prevent acne-breakouts along with not drying my skin or maturing it)...i want to keep my skin care routine as light and healthy as possible bcz again,i have baby-like skin...i have also been recommended acretin which i prefer not to use bcz of the results it had on my brother's skin(it went completely dry and highly sensitive)...can anyone help me in choosing a good-skin care routine for a sensitive skin to look brighter,fewer acne breakouts and lighten scars...
thanks...
Original post by Saeed23
hello,
i have teen acne breakout(including white heads and ones with puss) and tough scars...so basically i have acne-prone-sensitive skin which is normal(neither dry nor oily)...i have visited several dermatologists and they recommended me not to use many products on my face as my skin is baby-like skin(several doctors have said me this)...i was recommeneded glencin(for pimples to dry without leaving scar), and a pharmaceris Albumin-c serum for hyperpigmentation(i have dark circles too)....however,this does not help new acne-breakouts and takes months on end to just lighten my scars....i was thinking about using Cerave acne-foaming face wash along with this serum(as this would prevent acne-breakouts along with not drying my skin or maturing it)...i want to keep my skin care routine as light and healthy as possible bcz again,i have baby-like skin...i have also been recommended acretin which i prefer not to use bcz of the results it had on my brother's skin(it went completely dry and highly sensitive)...can anyone help me in choosing a good-skin care routine for a sensitive skin to look brighter,fewer acne breakouts and lighten scars...
thanks...

I use something called Acnedote, you can get it from Holland&Barret, it's really good, but you shouldn't use it often, it dries out your skin.
If that doesn't work, try Cerave, it's got salicylic acid in it

Hope that helps :smile:
Hey I have read your query regarding the face acne and breakouts on the skin, Have you ever tried the black seed oil product ? I will keep you skin naturally glowing and make you skin feel relief . Let's Chat to get know about this. Thanks
Reply 3
have a face wash - i would recommend cerave - they have lots of different ones for different skin types but if you have oily skin i would use the blemish control one or the foaming one. hoever have a look at all the ones they have. secondly exfoliate - either using a physical exfloiant twice a week to start or using a (very gentle if you have baby skin) chemical one. I also havent personally sed it but many of my freinds swear by the la roche effaclar duo+ (this can be a bit pricey depending on ur price range).
Reply 4
Original post by Saeed23
hello,
thanks...

Creating a skincare routine involves several key steps to address various skin needs, from cleansing and moisturizing to protection and targeted treatments.

Quick Reply

Latest