The Student Room Group

Is my bad bacne going to affect my relationships with girls?

I have bad acne on my back and would it cause issues or problems with girls in the bedroom. Ive tried alot of things to get rid of and im still trying im just worried a girl i come home wiyh is disgusting or doesnt wanna be with me anymore because of it.
Girls are like you. If a girl has a great body and a cute face, would you be "disgusted" if she had some acne on her back?
Reply 2
More people have bacne than you would think. Remember that you're not alone in that so don't be too hard on yourself. I don't think it's something a person would dump someone for because nobody's flawless.

That aside, how serious is yours? If it's as bad as you make it sound, have you seen a doctor for it? It might be a sign of an underlying issue like a hormonal problem. There was a time mine got so bad it extended to my thighs. Helped the doctors realise I had a serious hormonal imbalance.
Reply 3
Original post by DarylO
More people have bacne than you would think. Remember that you're not alone in that so don't be too hard on yourself. I don't think it's something a person would dump someone for because nobody's flawless.

That aside, how serious is yours? If it's as bad as you make it sound, have you seen a doctor for it? It might be a sign of an underlying issue like a hormonal problem. There was a time mine got so bad it extended to my thighs. Helped the doctors realise I had a serious hormonal imbalance.

Yh thanks, i guess it is quite serious. What would they do if its a harmonal imbalance? My doctors did tell me that having acne just mean you produce a lot of testerone.
Reply 4
Original post by Kovalensky
Girls are like you. If a girl has a great body and a cute face, would you be "disgusted" if she had some acne on her back?

Yeah i guess i wouldnt
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Yh thanks, i guess it is quite serious. What would they do if its a harmonal imbalance? My doctors did tell me that having acne just mean you produce a lot of testerone.

You're welcome :smile:. That was the same problem I had and probably still have. They gave me a few pills to regulate my hormone production. I still struggle with acne but the ones on my back and thighs cleared up a few weeks after using the pills.

If your doctors aren't doing much for it, maybe ask for a referral to a dermatologist. They'll help you get to the root of the issue.
Reply 6
Original post by DarylO
You're welcome :smile:. That was the same problem I had and probably still have. They gave me a few pills to regulate my hormone production. I still struggle with acne but the ones on my back and thighs cleared up a few weeks after using the pills.

If your doctors aren't doing much for it, maybe ask for a referral to a dermatologist. They'll help you get to the root of the issue.

Oh really nice, what were the pills called?
Yh i have been reffered to the gp once but they said there not much they can do abd gave me this cream for acne which didnt really help.
Reply 7
Oh really nice, what were the pills called?
Yh i have been reffered to the gp once but they said there not much they can do abd gave me this cream for acne which didnt really help.

I don't remember tbh. There were so many different ones I tried then that it's all a jumble.

Also, I believe gender affects which hormonal treatment they can give. For some parts of my treatment, they increased certain hormones to combat the spike in testosterone. For others, they gave me contraceptives which guys can't take. Maybe that's why they only gave you a cream. But you should press the issue. Surely, there'll be a better treatment like inhibitors.
Reply 8
Original post by DarylO
I don't remember tbh. There were so many different ones I tried then that it's all a jumble.

Also, I believe gender affects which hormonal treatment they can give. For some parts of my treatment, they increased certain hormones to combat the spike in testosterone. For others, they gave me contraceptives which guys can't take. Maybe that's why they only gave you a cream. But you should press the issue. Surely, there'll be a better treatment like inhibitors.

Oh right i think harmonal treatments may be for women then
Reply 9
Oh right i think harmonal treatments may be for women then

I googled (then fell asleep after). There are treatments for men too! Looked more complicated than what I saw for women but you have options too.

The human body is weird, though. We have the same issues but your bacne might still be caused by something else. Who knows? Either way, always remember that everybody has flaws. Only a very immature person will dump you over something like that.
hi! i have back acne (im a female myself) but not as bad as it was. i have pcos so and from eleven years old it was so bad but you just need to find treatments that work for you. i have scars as well and i understand having acne can make you insecure. it isnt nice at all but please try and find a skin clinic. :smile: ofc women will still be attracted to you!! it’s a common thing especially for men!
Reply 11
Original post by DarylO
I googled (then fell asleep after). There are treatments for men too! Looked more complicated than what I saw for women but you have options too.

The human body is weird, though. We have the same issues but your bacne might still be caused by something else. Who knows? Either way, always remember that everybody has flaws. Only a very immature person will dump you over something like that.

Oh right, yh when i went dermatologist they said i have folluclitis and there really isnt a cure for it.
My GP prescribed topical antibiotics for my skin to help clear up my acne and it worked, it might help folluclitis if its of bacterial origin! I had an underlying hormonal issue as well but taking contraceptive pills wouldn't have helped (my hormones weren't imbalanced but my tissues were super sensitive to testosterone so contraceptive pills wouldn't have worked...)

Hope that helps
Reply 13
Oh right, yh when i went dermatologist they said i have folluclitis and there really isnt a cure for it.

Oh, so sorry about that. Maybe topical antibiotics could reduce the flare-ups like Anon 2 suggested.

Well, whether or not you find a treatment that works, just always remember that we all have flaws and it's nothing to worry about. Look at how many people are experiencing the same thing! At least, now you know you aren't alone.
Reply 14
General once they get to see your naked back you’re probably ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending