The Student Room Group

Pathetic Nigerian Scammers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maura Kat
do the existence of nigerian scammers somehow makes you avoid people of that ethnicity?

Would be a bit unfair to generalise to a whole nation. Would be rather racist.
Reply 21
Original post by hellodave5
Would be a bit unfair to generalise to a whole nation. Would be rather racist.

True. Nelson Mandela was a great great individual.
True. Nelson Mandela was a great great individual.

Lol....
But...

Very funny.

:chaplin:
Reply 23
Original post by hellodave5
Lol....
But...
Very funny.
:chaplin:

a pity successive govts after Mr Mandela's, failed to carry on the good work his administration had done. but whenever I am reminded of this great president who was jailed for over 3 decades, my memory of him is blighted by the picture that Obama and Dave took at his funeral.

the two men in suits were heralded as the turning points in the USA and UK. newspapers, celebrities and unions constantly drummed the point that these two individuals would bring about change in their respective countries fortunes. oh they did bring about change alright but it was for the worse.

why would you want to avoid the nigerian guys if you can? besides the fact that they try to act like their huge hip hop stars?

My dad lived in Nigeria and had alot of Nigerian friends but most of them somehow cheated him for his money. He is now left with only 1 that never cheated him.
The men are usually the scammers not the ladies but there may be a few exceptions.
Some Nigerian men are lovely. I had an email the other day from one such gentleman, informing me that I am the beneficiary of an account worth £14.9m, and all I have to do is send him £400 :biggrin:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nigerians are scammers. I bought some games for my Nigerian cousin on his ps3 then when I left he bought some more games without my permission. :hmmm::mad:
a pity successive govts after Mr Mandela's, failed to carry on the good work his administration had done. but whenever I am reminded of this great president who was jailed for over 3 decades, my memory of him is blighted by the picture that Obama and Dave took at his funeral.

the two men in suits were heralded as the turning points in the USA and UK. newspapers, celebrities and unions constantly drummed the point that these two individuals would bring about change in their respective countries fortunes. oh they did bring about change alright but it was for the worse.

May be a silly question, but what's the link between Mandela and Nigeria?
Reply 28
Original post by dreamgirl13
My dad lived in Nigeria and had alot of Nigerian friends but most of them somehow cheated him for his money. He is now left with only 1 that never cheated him.
The men are usually the scammers not the ladies but there may be a few exceptions.

oh dear. is it also true that corruption thrives in nigeria? what else can you tell us about nigeria? are you happy to be living in the UK and not Nigeria?
oh dear. is it also true that corruption thrives in nigeria? what else can you tell us about nigeria? are you happy to be living in the UK and not Nigeria?

Well, Nigeria is a nice place to live in but the problem is corruption. It is an oil rich country but the government is corrupt so not much goes into developing the country. That is why many people still suffer from poverty resulting in criminal activities, like scamming and robbery, and even the jihadist group boko haram; there is a story about a man that agreed to be a suicide bomber inexchange of about £15000 because he couldn't afford to take care of his family, so sad.
(edited 9 years ago)
good on you no matter what others say.

do the existence of nigerian scammers somehow makes you avoid people of that ethnicity?

No you'd have to be a bloody idiot. You're working with such a small sample size of the Nigerian population it would be ignorant to just generalize. If you're going to discriminate you're better off doing it on the basis of character not ethnicity.
They prey on the most vulnerable members in our society. Not idiots, naive people who need the most protection.

In my opinion, in true African style we should pour petrol on them and set them on fire.

Its because of corruption and scammers like this that Africa is such a **** hole.

Nigeria is incredibly corrupt. Corruption is rife. People will do anything for money, even if that includes telling armed robbers when a relatively rich relative from the UK/USA comes to visit them. The armed robbers will kidnap the relative's child, demand a huge sum of money from them and then return the children. It's crazy. That's one of the reasons why my mum has never let us go there. My dad's all 'Oh Nigeria is a great country' but we've still not been even though half of my extended family live there

Why don't you educate yourself a lil bit, and understand why these people commit 419 scams instead of casting ignorant judgement. This is a video about 419 in Ghana, the two countries Nigeria and Ghana are similar in many aspects in regards to 419.
[video="youtube;o26Eks801oc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o26Eks801oc[/video]
aawh. Ending is sad. Reminds me of 90% of TSR users :frown:
Achfbkgnkjbmjkbcfvjhgdcn lmfao

I'm originally Nigerian so this is 70% funny and 30% offensive for me. I hate that my people are known as scammers :frown:
Am 1/4 Nigerian, and I can honestly say my father whose 1/2 Nigeria warns me about associating with most, I know it's generalising but majority of them are up to no Good, even his Nigeria cousins duped him, and stole a large proportion of his money. Thank God I don't even know my Nigeria family my father made that possible and I wouldn't want to be associated with most Nigerians, as ignorant as it sounds majority of them are just out to get their hands on whatever they can possibly get, and if that means stealing from your own family both dead and alive they have no conscience to stop them.
Reply 37
Original post by Bushido Brown
Why don't you educate yourself a lil bit, and understand why these people commit 419 scams instead of casting ignorant judgement. This is a video about 419 in Ghana, the two countries Nigeria and Ghana are similar in many aspects in regards to 419.
[video="youtube;o26Eks801oc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o26Eks801oc[/video]

Ghanaian 419 is mainly due to the nigerians infesting the country.

No surprise that the amount of armed robberies in Ghana have increased over the past decade since the Nigerians have started coming in there again. :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest