The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 1
ive done the fossils and the history of life course, and the only exam i had was posted to me, a multiple answer question and answer sheet that had to be sent back by a certain date.

no exam halls or anything like that for me.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I think what the above poster is referring to as an ECA, or End of Course Assessment. This is little more than an regular essay, except its posted to you at a certain date to give it an air of exam pressure ie. you cant spend all 9 months researching that 1 question and get a great mark. These tend to be common in maths/science subjects. Its similar to a 'project,' which is really the arts equivalent. Your course literature should indicate if it is either of these.

Exams are different. All my exams will be held at the University of Manchester. I presume other regions utilise a range of regional centres, local universities, colleges and/or anything that is a big enough room. The location is irrelevant because the exams are centrally marked. I presume the exams will be just like my 'brick' uni exams, where the student body is split up and allocated to respective rooms. Its impossible for me to give you an estimate of how many people will be in your exam hall/room but if you make a journey to the location youll get a good estimate by the size of the room. At my brick uni, I had exams in tutor rooms in which there was just ~10 other people there, and some in the sports hall where the whole year group of ~200 sat together.
Reply 3
phixit
Open exams, are they in a school or the regonal centres??. is it in a big hall like in school or is it in a smaller room of about 30.. any information you have to give really
:smile:
thanks for the help

I was overseas for most of my OU study and they were very accommodating at finding me a place to sit my exams in a supervised environment. I sat the first years exams in Yarmouth, the second at a local college in Chihuahua, Mexico, the third at a some school in Pittsburg, and the finals at the University of Central Florida.:biggrin:

I was the only person in the room during all my overseas exams. Just me and an extremely bored moderator.
My mother is doing an OU course, and she usually does her exams in local universities and colleges.

Latest