The Student Room Group

percentage lol

anyone who is a genius.

ive got an exam that is out of 40 marks but the weight of it is 90%
the other is eighted 10%

say the pass mark is 60%, how many marks do i need to get?
depends what percentage you get in the 10% weighted exam as well
Reply 2
Original post by username6126085
depends what percentage you get in the 10% weighted exam as well

say i got like 5% ish
Reply 3
You need 22/40
Reply 4
The exam that is out of 40 marks has a weight of 90%, so it is worth 90% of the total marks. The other exam is weighted 10%, so it is worth 10% of the total marks. The total marks for the exam are 50.

To pass the exam, you need to get 60% of the total marks, which is 30 marks. Since the first exam is worth 90% of the total marks, you need to get 27 marks in the first exam. Since the second exam is worth 10% of the total marks, you need to get 3 marks in the second exam.

Therefore, you need to get a total of 30 marks to pass the exam.

Here is a breakdown of the marks you need to get in each exam:

First exam: 27 marks
Second exam: 3 marks
Total: 30 marks
Reply 5
Original post by Syed100
The exam that is out of 40 marks has a weight of 90%, so it is worth 90% of the total marks. The other exam is weighted 10%, so it is worth 10% of the total marks. The total marks for the exam are 50.

To pass the exam, you need to get 60% of the total marks, which is 30 marks. Since the first exam is worth 90% of the total marks, you need to get 27 marks in the first exam. Since the second exam is worth 10% of the total marks, you need to get 3 marks in the second exam.

Therefore, you need to get a total of 30 marks to pass the exam.

Here is a breakdown of the marks you need to get in each exam:

First exam: 27 marks
Second exam: 3 marks
Total: 30 marks

the second exam is not for 10 points. OP has stated that they have already achieved 5% from the possible 10% weight
Reply 6
I would think it would be:
First exam: 36 marks
Second exam: 0 marks
Total: 36 marks

However, since you have already achieved 5% from the possible 10% weight, you only need to get 35 marks in the first exam to pass
Original post by Anonymous
the second exam is not for 10 points. OP has stated that they have already achieved 5% from the possible 10% weight
Reply 7
Original post by Syed100
I would think it would be:
First exam: 36 marks
Second exam: 0 marks
Total: 36 marks

However, since you have already achieved 5% from the possible 10% weight, you only need to get 35 marks in the first exam to pass

35? so i could only get 5 questions wrong and that'll bring me to a 60%???
(edited 12 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending