The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath offer holders 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JRBateman
Hi, I don't suppose I could ask what the terms of the offers seem to be - I presume AAA? And how long did it take for your offer?

Yeah it is AAA or AAB with the EPQ and I think it took about two and a half weeks. When did you apply?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
I have an offer for mechanical engineering with advanced design and innovation, I'll probably firm it but I haven't been to the uni yet. Can anyone tell me what they thought of the place?
Original post by teenageinsomniac
I have an offer for mechanical engineering with advanced design and innovation, I'll probably firm it but I haven't been to the uni yet. Can anyone tell me what they thought of the place?

Hey, I'm an offer holder for ChemEng. Went to the Open Day in September and really liked it; I remember the campus having a good feel to it and I really liked the city too. The Sports Training Village I also found to be rather impressive! I wasn't sure how much I would like Bath the place but it certainly didn't disappoint me and all in all I felt happy enough with the university to know that I definitely wanted to apply there. I know that they do departmental Offer Holder Open Days and definitely intend on visiting one just to reassess my opinions on the place. I recommend if possible you try and visit the university and see how you feel it suits you, the Offer Holders Open Day appears to be the best opportunity to me, just so you know for yourself that it is the right university for you.
Got an offer for maths :biggrin:
Original post by pratikshah96
Got an offer for maths :biggrin:

Well done:smile: When did you receive your offer? And what course was it?:smile:
Original post by alanadams
Well done:smile: When did you receive your offer? And what course was it?:smile:

thank you :smile:
received it on friday 9th, it was for maths bsc with the placement thingy..what are you applying for and have you got an offer? :smile:
Original post by abwilliams
Yeah it is AAA or AAB with the EPQ and I think it took about two and a half weeks. When did you apply?

1st December.
thank you :smile:
received it on friday 9th, it was for maths bsc with the placement thingy..what are you applying for and have you got an offer? :smile:

I've applied for the same course with placement too:smile: still waiting for a reply though, hoping I get a reply soon.
Original post by arcanum96
Hey, I'm an offer holder for ChemEng. Went to the Open Day in September and really liked it; I remember the campus having a good feel to it and I really liked the city too. The Sports Training Village I also found to be rather impressive! I wasn't sure how much I would like Bath the place but it certainly didn't disappoint me and all in all I felt happy enough with the university to know that I definitely wanted to apply there. I know that they do departmental Offer Holder Open Days and definitely intend on visiting one just to reassess my opinions on the place. I recommend if possible you try and visit the university and see how you feel it suits you, the Offer Holders Open Day appears to be the best opportunity to me, just so you know for yourself that it is the right university for you.

Thank you, your comment was really helpful :smile:
Original post by simrankgill
Offer for psychology with placement year came today! I am so happy :biggrin: Any other psychology offer holders here?

Congrats! How quickly did you receive your offer after they received your application?

I'm applying for the 3 year Psychology course (no placement) and sent my application off about a month ago, but I haven't heard back from them yet :s-smilie:
I've applied for the same course with placement too:smile: still waiting for a reply though, hoping I get a reply soon.

ooh good to see a fellow applicant, would you firm/insure bath if you get an offer?...when did you send your application off, i sent mine on 5th november and i finally got one this friday, maybe your is on the way too, what are you predicted :smile:
ooh good to see a fellow applicant, would you firm/insure bath if you get an offer?...when did you send your application off, i sent mine on 5th november and i finally got one this friday, maybe your is on the way too, what are you predicted :smile:

It would be between Bath and Durham, I'd need to visit both to decide, wbu? Sent mine about the 11th November I think:smile: I hope so and A*A*A (maths and further maths A*), wbu?
It would be between Bath and Durham, I'd need to visit both to decide, wbu? Sent mine about the 11th November I think:smile: I hope so and A*A*A (maths and further maths A*), wbu?

nice, mines probably between bath and Nottingham, yeah i need to visit both too tbh just to see the atmosphere, yeah it should be coming soon then tbh cos I'm predicted A*AB (math A* FM A) and i got an offer so I'm sure you'll get one soon, maybe even tomorrow, btw have you checked that bath tracker thing, like in the status thing if its like 'The status of your application is currently under review and will be updated shortly.' then you know its coming soon, stay positive :smile:
nice, mines probably between bath and Nottingham, yeah i need to visit both too tbh just to see the atmosphere, yeah it should be coming soon then tbh cos I'm predicted A*AB (math A* FM A) and i got an offer so I'm sure you'll get one soon, maybe even tomorrow, btw have you checked that bath tracker thing, like in the status thing if its like 'The status of your application is currently under review and will be updated shortly.' then you know its coming soon, stay positive :smile:

Ill check that now actually, haven't been on it since they said it. Was your offer A*AA if you don't mind me asking! &Thanks:smile:
Ill check that now actually, haven't been on it since they said it. Was your offer A*AA if you don't mind me asking! &Thanks:smile:

yeah it was with the standard lower one with step etc too but ill probs just go for A*AA tbh cos i cba to do step or aea when its easier to get an A in the third a level imo
i don't think they lower it tbh

no problem :smile:
yeah it was with the standard lower one with step etc too but ill probs just go for A*AA tbh cos i cba to do step or aea when its easier to get an A in the third a level imo
i don't think they lower it tbh

no problem :smile:

Yeah, that was exactly my mentality too. Plus my sixth form don't offer them anyway lol.
Yeah, that was exactly my mentality too. Plus my sixth form don't offer them anyway lol.

yeah we have to pay to do it in my sixth form and i haven't exactly got money for that lol
plus extra stresssss
yeah we have to pay to do it in my sixth form and i haven't exactly got money for that lol
plus extra stresssss

We do too, four of us asked about aea, and it was going to cost 60 pound each, then one dropped out, the price then went up to about 80 each and then we all said forget it lol. Im already doing 9 maths exams this uear as im doing the whole of fm in one year, and teaching fp2,3 and s2 myself so I don't really want another one lol
Hi guys!

I've noticed that a few of you are worried because you haven't received an offer yet and just wanted to put your mind at rest.

As I'm sure you can imagine, there is a very high volume of applications so it does take time to process these, and the University is working to do so as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications, we sometimes need until the 31st March, which is the deadline for when universities can give out offers, and you'll then have some time after that to consider your choices before making your decision.

I hope this helps you, and hopefully you'll all be receiving offers soon!

Please feel free to quote me if you have any other questions.

Sam
Original post by JRBateman
1st December.

I applied a lot earlier and there were probably less applications to get through. Don't worry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest