The Student Room Group

Ebola in the US

Slightly alarmist title...

Seems the first case of Ebola has reached the US through a Liberian man travelling there. We should expect to see at least one case in the next few weeks by the sounds of it however the local hospital where he is being treated is confident they will stop any spread.

I am quite surprised it took quite so long for a case to show up in the US or EU.Still should be easily stopped due to the standards of hygiene. However long before alarmists and the ignorant start calling for the borders to be shut?
Reply 1
Brb, gonna go find Will Smith. If stuff really escalates quickly then him and his dog are the best bet for survival.
Reply 2
Close all borders. Hopefully it would have vanish by next year.
I've already got my tickets booked to Madagascar.
Reply 4
Original post by Mad Vlad

Bastards, could never infect thst stupid sodding island.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"Still should be easily stopped due to the standards of hygiene."

Hopefully, now that he is diagnosed, but how long was he infectious wandering round before then.
He was sent home from hospital 2 days before diagnosis.
We'll see.
I heard ebola was a girl, who gave everyone an STD, dont worry you will catch it soon
Original post by Mad Vlad

They've probably already shut everything down by now.
Reply 8
Original post by caravaggio2
"Still should be easily stopped due to the standards of hygiene."

Hopefully, now that he is diagnosed, but how long was he infectious wandering round before then.
He was sent home from hospital 2 days before diagnosis.
We'll see.

Unless he was bleeding on people it should not spread too much. This is not an airborne disease and it can only really be spread through close contact. The authorities will quickly find people he came into close contact with, there is quite a lot of precedent for doing this. Thankfully he was not showing symptoms on the flight over.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
They've probably already shut everything down by now.

****. :zomg:
Good news.

“Remember, Ebola doesn’t spread before someone gets sick,” Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Tuesday. “Ebola does not spread from someone who’s not infectious. It does not spread from someone who doesn’t have fever and other symptoms.

“So, it’s only someone who’s sick with Ebola who can spread the disease,” Frieden said.
Original post by caravaggio2
Good news.

“Remember, Ebola doesn’t spread before someone gets sick,” Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said Tuesday. “Ebola does not spread from someone who’s not infectious. It does not spread from someone who doesn’t have fever and other symptoms.

So, it’s only someone who’s sick with Ebola who can spread the disease,” Frieden said.

This makes me feel so much better about the whole thing! :yy: Was worried for while back there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending