The Student Room Group
Reply 1
The difference is merely the course content. V100 is 'straight' History, whereas V101 for example is East European History, possibly not at all institutions but at UCL at least. V110 is Ancient History etc...

In theory I wouldn't say any are more highly regarded than others. However, a V101 degree from SEESS wouldn't be as highly regarded as V100 from UCL.

Also, occasionally the codes are different if the course contains a year abroad or something of that ilk, for example V104 - History with a year abroad. Which I'd assume is identical to V100 but with the extra year of study abroad...

Do correct me if I'm wrong on any of those points.
Reply 2
Hmm. I think most of the above is true - but why would QMUL's History course be V101 - strange.
Reply 3
Ossie1701
Hmm. I think most of the above is true - but why would QMUL's History course be V101 - strange.

Strange indeed. :confused:
It depends on what they count as modern history.

V100 is, as people said, "straight" History. Some institutions, such as Oxford Brookes, only teach History from after 1500 (I think, it was 2 years ago when I applied...) and so their degree counts as V101 Modern History.
Reply 5
oh right ok, thanks alot :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending