The Student Room Group

75% of Londoners think British ISIS returning from fighting should be arrested?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billydisco
Told you- drop them back to Iraq and have the RAF immediately declare them as enemy combatants and bomb them.....

That's execution, something I totally disagree with.
Original post by somemightsay888
They shouldn't be allowed entry to the country. Revoke citizenship and let them face IS judgment when they find out about defection.

This. Doubt IS will look too kindly on them.
Original post by james22
Everyone saying that we should not let them in, where exactly do we send them back to? Sending them back to the ISIS is no good because it just forces them to fight, we would be indirectly supporting ISIS here. No other country will accept them either. They are our citizens and we are responsible for them. Whenever there is a foreign here everyone always calls for them to be sent home, why the hypocracy?

We essentially have 2 (well, 3) options, not let them in, arrest them or let them run loose in our country (barely an option, they are clearly dangerous). So would you be for arresting them?
Original post by joker12345
We essentially have 2 (well, 3) options, not let them in, arrest them or let them run loose in our country (barely an option, they are clearly dangerous). So would you be for arresting them?

I would absolutely be for arresting them. They need to go to prison for treason (provided there is sufficiant evidence for a conviction). The problem I find with refusing them entry is at what point do we do it? If we do it at our border then where do we send them to? No other country wants them (and nor should they, they are our citizens). There are almost always people calling for us to deport foreign crimminals, and I consider hypocritical to want to deport those people but then not accept responsibility for our own crimminals.

If the person has duel nationality then I would say we should withdraw their citizenship if and only if the other country has a good enough justice system to deal with them. I would rather they were locked up here than in Somalia, for example (huge flight risk over there).
Reply 24
Original post by james22
That's execution, something I totally disagree with.

How is it different to the RAF bombing them if they havent returned back to the UK?
Original post by billydisco
How is it different to the RAF bombing them if they havent returned back to the UK?

Because at that point they are an enemy who is armed and fighting against us (or our allies). Dropping them off then bombing them is just getting around things with technicality, it's still executions.
People going to join ISIS shouldn't even be allowed back in the country.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending