The Student Room Group
Reply 1
That sounds like a good idea. but if this is going to happen should there be a set period of discussion time so that the thread doesn't go dead?
Reply 2
Not sure. I reckon a poll could just be added when it has been discussed. If everyone supports it, just add it quickly. If everyone wants to veto, just add it. If there is discussion, wait until its finished and changes are made before the poll.
Reply 3
Yeah good idea. I think there was a discussion on this in the Roundtable Discussion #2 thread.
Reply 4
This has always been the case - polls are not added until 24 hours after the discussion starts now I think, but I reckon that this time period should be extended to 48 hours so that more kinks can be sorted out (and more amendments made) before the poll is started, such that the probability of the need to restart a poll remains low.
Reply 5
Nick R
I didn't want to make this into a resolution itself...

I just think when posting a resolution we should wait until it has been discussed before adding a poll?

Thoughts?

That way amendments can be made without having to wait for admin teams to change the poll etc...

It's always been this way AFAIK. A CFD (call for discussion) takes place, 24-72h after which a CFV (call for vote) does.

Latest

Trending

Trending