The Student Room Group

~| Labour Football Plans |~

I cannot even begin to describe this. What's next? Wage controls for footballers? Price controls on season tickets? Subsidised travel to big games?

How they can politicise such an issue is beyond me. Besides, giving people minority stakes is just another back-door way of taxing them.

Labour - milking money from whatever they can get their hands on.
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
I think there should be some changes, and that FA look towards the rules USA and Australia has, even though such rules would be detrimental to football business in the UK. However the FA should be doing the changing not a political party.
Reply 3
Maybe it's because football, a working class game, has become an extortionate business where dedicated, less fortunate fans are no longer able to afford tickets to home games. The idea is to make it more like Germany, which could lead to cheaper tickets, and that can only be a good thing.
Original post by Wellzi
Maybe it's because football, a working class game, has become an extortionate business where dedicated, less fortunate fans are no longer able to afford tickets to home games. The idea is to make it more like Germany, which could lead to cheaper tickets, and that can only be a good thing.

Access to football games is not a human right. If you want a cheap tickets found your own football club.
Reply 5
Original post by The Dictator
Access to football games is not a human right. If you want a cheap tickets found your own football club.

Now, I don't wish to sound rude, but you are coming across a somewhat of a ****.

You clearly aren't working class, and have no sympathy for those less fortunate than you. I also bet you don't watch football. But to a lot of people, even more so in the past, football is, aside from family, the biggest thing in their lives. So when a billionaire comes in and treats it like his new toy, it's rather insulting to them and their fellow fans.

I'm not going to waste anymore time trying to convince you, because you're clearly incapable of empathy.
Original post by Wellzi
Now, I don't wish to sound rude, but you are coming across a somewhat of a ****.

You clearly aren't working class, and have no sympathy for those less fortunate than you. I also bet you don't watch football. But to a lot of people, even more so in the past, football is, aside from family, the biggest thing in their lives. So when a billionaire comes in and treats it like his new toy, it's rather insulting to them and their fellow fans.

I'm not going to waste anymore time trying to convince you, because you're clearly incapable of empathy.

I am working class. -_-

And no, I do not have any empathy.
Reply 7
English football NEEDS to look at the German model and take lessons from them. Their passion, quality and overall experience of the beautiful game is infinitely better than ours. Cheaper tickets, more fan power and bridging the gap between owners and fanbases would be a massive start. Look at the controversy surrounding Hull City and Cardiff in recent years, compared with the success stories of Swansea (who are 20% owned by the fans) and phoenix clubs like AFC Wimbledon.
Original post by Mackay
English football NEEDS to look at the German model and take lessons from them. Their passion, quality and overall experience of the beautiful game is infinitely better than ours. Cheaper tickets, more fan power and bridging the gap between owners and fanbases would be a massive start. Look at the controversy surrounding Hull City and Cardiff in recent years, compared with the success stories of Swansea (who are 20% owned by the fans) and phoenix clubs like AFC Wimbledon.

Emotional arguments are not arguments at all.
Reply 9

So everything I've said is redundant, then?
Reply 10
Football is a money game

as long as clubs have demand, prices will stay the same and who can blame them
Reply 11
Original post by sdotd
Football is a money game

as long as clubs have demand, prices will stay the same and who can blame them

But it isn't that way in Germany.

Football stadia is almost like a church, a place for congregation and football isn't treated as an overt vehicle to make money for club owners.

Don't be stupid; of course they are. Humans are emotional beings and we're driven by emotion. Arguements which don't engage emotion don't deal with the human condition.
Original post by WharfedaleTiger
Don't be stupid; of course they are. Humans are emotional beings and we're driven by emotion. Arguements which don't engage emotion don't deal with the human condition.

Would not want to debate with you then. You can't debate rationally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending