The Student Room Group

Btec actually going to be scrapped?

Are btec actually going to be scrapped next year? Because my teacher also said that they wanted to do it 2 years ago as well
Original post by benino
Are btec actually going to be scrapped next year? Because my teacher also said that they wanted to do it 2 years ago as well

Yes they are being scrapped (they have been planning it for over two years now, which is where your teacher may be getting confused).
This is now the 10th post you have made about BTECs in four months and I have given you advice (as have others) on your options, but you don't seem to want to believe us. I have posted links showing which courses are being defunded and when. Some are still running up to 2025 start date and some are being scrapped now. If you are insistent on doing your chosen University choices, you need to get advice from your College to see what is available to you in September, rather than just keeping 'hoping the BTEC you want to do will somehow not be scrapped'.
Having said all of that, if there is a General Election in May and we get a Labour government, then they 'could cancel all of these plans', but I wouldn't plan my future on that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending