The Student Room Group

Work Placement

Hey, My college told me I need to do work placement and If I HAVE to do it I would like to do it as a psychology based experience. So does anyone know where I could do it, or has anyone done anything like it before? Thank you
Hi, I did a work placement in my local day centre for disabled adults which is good if you're interested in aspects such as the mental health side of psychology:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by courtneyr_98
Hey, My college told me I need to do work placement and If I HAVE to do it I would like to do it as a psychology based experience. So does anyone know where I could do it, or has anyone done anything like it before? Thank you

The most common placement is within a nursery, but although great for developmental psychology; it's not too good for anything else. I would recommend researching into clinical based work environments, such as what the previous poster mentioned, due to having much more transferable skill offerings.

By the way, Work experience is not mandatory unless you study Welsh Bac., colleges cannot force you to do work experience.
Original post by courtneyr_98

It depends which kind of field you wish to work in within psychology but places such as Rehabilitation Clinics, Mental Health Institutions, Nurseries as stated and roles as SEN Teaching assistants may help. However a number of these places may not take you due to your age, it may be dangerous to leave a 16 year old around people with unstable mental difficulties. A quick google of mental health charities should point you in the right direction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending