The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Accepting Derby for 2015 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NSBY
When did you send off your application? Mine got sent off on Halloween, which was a Friday and I received an offer the following Wednesday. Glad to hear someone could be potentially studying biology with me though, hope you receive an offer soon!

Mine was only sent off a week ago. I would've liked to have sent it earlier, but my college hasn't been of much help at all, it took my teachers ages to check my personal statement for me. I had to keep reminding them about it.

I'm glad you got an offer. I know some uni's can send offers the next day, but others can take weeks. Still, fingers crossed!
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by kirsty953
Mine was only sent off a week ago. I would've liked to have sent it earlier, but my college hasn't been of much help at all, it took my teachers ages to check my personal statement for me. I had to keep reminding them about it.

I'm glad you got an offer. I know some uni's can send offers the next day, but others can take weeks. Still, fingers crossed!

Oh bless you, If it makes you feel better mine was at my school for 3 weeks before it even got sent off to the unis I applied to. Hopefully you'll get an offer soon :biggrin: Do you think you will put them as your firm?
Original post by Samdynamou
I'm looking forward too it, what course you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got my conditional for Marketing, PR and Advertising :smile:
Reply 23
Ohh ... You guys getting your offers so soon , I applied for social work and still not heard anything!
Original post by NSBY
Oh bless you, If it makes you feel better mine was at my school for 3 weeks before it even got sent off to the unis I applied to. Hopefully you'll get an offer soon :biggrin: Do you think you will put them as your firm?

3 weeks?! That's a long time! It's annoying when you work to get it done early then the schools just dawdle. I'll probably set it as my firm choice. I don't live far from Derby, and I'd rather be close to home. Hopefully I'll reach the 260 ucas points they ask for. I'm only doing 2 A2s so I'll need to get AA and then add the points from my AS Chemistry on.

Are they your firm choice? Where else have you applied to?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 25
I know, it's ridiculous. My school kept nagging all of us to get it in before November, yet they kept taking forever to send them off. Ah you are lucky you don't live far away. Derby is quite far from home for me. I'm sure you will :smile: I applied for them and in my offer they put I must gain 240 points, which surprised me as in their prospectus they say 260 points. I'm hoping to put Derby as my firm but it is dependent upon hearing back from another uni im waiting for. I applied to Derby, Nottingham, Bath, Reading and Greenwich. Where else did you apply?
I got an offer!! :biggrin:
Original post by NSBY
I know, it's ridiculous. My school kept nagging all of us to get it in before November, yet they kept taking forever to send them off. Ah you are lucky you don't live far away. Derby is quite far from home for me. I'm sure you will :smile: I applied for them and in my offer they put I must gain 240 points, which surprised me as in their prospectus they say 260 points. I'm hoping to put Derby as my firm but it is dependent upon hearing back from another uni im waiting for. I applied to Derby, Nottingham, Bath, Reading and Greenwich. Where else did you apply?

I applied for Derby, Coventry, Nottingham Trent, Wolverhampton, and Bedfordshire.
Most of my choices are close to my home; Bedfordshire's the furthest away.

I hope you get all 5 offers, the more choice the better.
Does anyone on here know if the nightlife is any good? Not that it's the most important thing but Cambridge is my local and it's very poor for nightlife

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by kirsty953
I applied for Derby, Coventry, Nottingham Trent, Wolverhampton, and Bedfordshire.
Most of my choices are close to my home; Bedfordshire's the furthest away.

I hope you get all 5 offers, the more choice the better.

Sounds good :smile:Aw thank you, I hope you get all your offers too! Fingers crossed Derby gives you an offer soon.
I am applying for illustration, went for an open day and it looked so good there I am really excited I am just waiting for my tutors to send off the application :smile:
My application got sent of Tuesday and I had an offer from them the next day! :biggrin:
Original post by emilyyc.x
My application got sent of Tuesday and I had an offer from them the next day! :biggrin:

Cool which course :biggrin:
Original post by Tamara Adams
Cool which course :biggrin:

Forensic Science with Criminology! I see on a previous post your applying for illustration? :smile:

Well done!:biggrin:
Original post by abbalarr95
Well done!:biggrin:

Thankyou! :biggrin:
Thankyou! :biggrin:

What was the offer? :smile: (what grades did they want?)
Forensic Science with Criminology! I see on a previous post your applying for illustration? :smile:

Yeah I am, I love science :smile: my application got sent off today so now I just have to wait I am so excited :biggrin:
Original post by Tamara Adams
Yeah I am, I love science :smile: my application got sent off today so now I just have to wait I am so excited :biggrin:

Good luck! The arts department looks great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Samdynamou
Good luck! The arts department looks great :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending