The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

MSc Diagnostic Radiography and Imaging at Herforshire

Hii, I was wondering if there's any other students who have applied for or been offered and accepted a place on the masters radiography course starting in Jan 2023?

I've been checking both here and Facebook and so far haven't seen anyone else post anything about it and considering we're going to be a smaller group, and I have anxiety, I wanted to get to know a person or 2 before starting!☺️
Original post by Anonymous
Hii, I was wondering if there's any other students who have applied for or been offered and accepted a place on the masters radiography course starting in Jan 2023?

I've been checking both here and Facebook and so far haven't seen anyone else post anything about it and considering we're going to be a smaller group, and I have anxiety, I wanted to get to know a person or 2 before starting!☺️

I was hoping to start in Jan 2023. I applied to Birmingham City for MSc Therapeutic Radiography and have been offered an interview though this would be for Jan 2024 entry, as they say the course does not yet have regulatory approval. I also applied to Sheffield Hallam for the same course but they are not running the course in 2023 due to insufficient applicants!
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Original post by charlottenaomi
I was hoping to start in Jan 2023. I applied to Birmingham City for MSc Therapeutic Radiography and have been offered an interview though this would be for Jan 2024 entry, as they say the course does not yet have regulatory approval. I also applied to Sheffield Hallam for the same course but they are not running the course in 2023 due to insufficient applicants!

Hi. I'm thinking of applying for the MSc diagnostic radiography at Hertfordshire. I just wanted to ask if you know how competitive it is to be accepted. Do they need healthcare-related work experience before considering applicants? thanks.
Original post by charlottenaomi

Oh that's a bit annoying!

I was so determined to start this year that I applied for courses that were at least year old but I was worried that I'd get an email telling me there's not enough application.

I hope it all goes well for you next year though!
Original post by Randnom
Hi. I'm thinking of applying for the MSc diagnostic radiography at Hertfordshire. I just wanted to ask if you know how competitive it is to be accepted. Do they need healthcare-related work experience before considering applicants? thanks.

Hello,
For me, I wouldn't say it's too competitive. From my knowledge most of this year's applicants either started already or have deferred for next year. I pretty much got my offer straight after my interview (it took around 2-3 days?)
I don't think you need healthcare related experience (as others on the course come from completely unrelated backgrounds) but it may help with your application. If you haven't got any, I arranged 1-day experience in an imaging department (you just have find and email a hospital that does it, mine was Derby university hospital, but there are quite a few around the country!).
I think as long as you show NHS core values, a passion for learning radiography (in your interview+ personal statement) and have passed the entry requirements, you'll be good. But that's just my personal opinion!
Hope this helps!
Hello,
For me, I wouldn't say it's too competitive. From my knowledge most of this year's applicants either started already or have deferred for next year. I pretty much got my offer straight after my interview (it took around 2-3 days?)
I don't think you need healthcare related experience (as others on the course come from completely unrelated backgrounds) but it may help with your application. If you haven't got any, I arranged 1-day experience in an imaging department (you just have find and email a hospital that does it, mine was Derby university hospital, but there are quite a few around the country!).
I think as long as you show NHS core values, a passion for learning radiography (in your interview+ personal statement) and have passed the entry requirements, you'll be good. But that's just my personal opinion!
Hope this helps!

Hi, that's very helpful! How are you finding the course at Hertfordshire so far? I am thinking of applying for the Jan 2024 intake, so I'm looking to get in some experience. You mentioned the 1-day experience in imaging, are you aware of any department that does it in London, or near it? Many thanks!
Original post by Randnom
Hi, that's very helpful! How are you finding the course at Hertfordshire so far? I am thinking of applying for the Jan 2024 intake, so I'm looking to get in some experience. You mentioned the 1-day experience in imaging, are you aware of any department that does it in London, or near it? Many thanks!

It's only been a week but I think it's pretty good! We obviously have a lot to learn in a shorter amount of time so we're quite overloaded, but it's not too much that we're incapable of learning. It hasn't put me off yet lol. Plus the lecturers I've met so far are super nice and welcoming so that really helps.

As for the experience, I only know of the Kent university hospitals (https://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/work-here/work-experience/work-experience-information/), however you should be able to email or call the imaging department (or maybe a&e x-ray) of any university hospital and ask if they take on any experience (clarify only one day of shadowing the imaging department as they may assume you mean placement), the worst that'll happen is they ignore you so there's no harm in trying! You should be able to find the number and emails on the respective hospitals nhs website.
Oh that's a bit annoying!

I was so determined to start this year that I applied for courses that were at least year old but I was worried that I'd get an email telling me there's not enough application.

I hope it all goes well for you next year though!

Thank you, whereabouts are you doing your MSc? Is it diagnostic or therapeutic? I spoke to the admissions tutor at Sheffield Hallam about Jan 2024 entry and it seems it will definitely be going ahead.
It's only been a week but I think it's pretty good! We obviously have a lot to learn in a shorter amount of time so we're quite overloaded, but it's not too much that we're incapable of learning. It hasn't put me off yet lol. Plus the lecturers I've met so far are super nice and welcoming so that really helps.

As for the experience, I only know of the Kent university hospitals (https://www.ekhuft.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/work-here/work-experience/work-experience-information/), however you should be able to email or call the imaging department (or maybe a&e x-ray) of any university hospital and ask if they take on any experience (clarify only one day of shadowing the imaging department as they may assume you mean placement), the worst that'll happen is they ignore you so there's no harm in trying! You should be able to find the number and emails on the respective hospitals nhs website.

Great, many thanks! I was wondering what your academic background is, and what motivated you to start in Diagnostic Radiography, thanks. I'm going to apply for the Jan 2024 intake at Hertfordshire. When do you think I should submit my application, did they take long to respond? Btw, what made you decide to study Hertfordshire over other universities? Cheers.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Randnom
Great, many thanks! I was wondering what your academic background is, and what motivated you to start in Diagnostic Radiography, thanks. I'm going to apply for the Jan 2024 intake at Hertfordshire. When do you think I should submit my application, did they take long to respond? Btw, what made you decide to study Hertfordshire over other universities? Cheers.

Hey, I'm looking to apply for the Jan 2025 intake for the same course. Did you end up securing a place? If so, how was the process? thanks x
Original post by mxliha.s
Hey, I'm looking to apply for the Jan 2025 intake for the same course. Did you end up securing a place? If so, how was the process? thanks x

I did not apply.
Hey @mxliha.s 🙂

I hope you're well! Have you tried signing up on the Herts website to receive updates tailored to your course of interest? You can do so and read a bit more about the course here.

Also, might be a good idea to sign up for Unibuddy, where you can talk to other applicants or ambassadors in the same subject area! You can do that here.

Hope this helps! Best of luck with your applications and future studies 🙂

Juan
Marketing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending