The Student Room Group

Anyone considering 2016 entry for Medicine?

Scroll to see replies

I read in some thread I don't know where that there is website (at Beta stage) where you can give your grades and other information; it could help you narrow down your choices

Does anyone know about that? If Please help; I am searching everywhere

Thanks in advance
Reply 1381
Original post by gb_faith
Just wondering if anyone knows much about Glasgow's requirements, the website does have information but not as detailed as some other med schools? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

image.jpgI have this app called ApplyMed, which you might find helpful :h:
Original post by jamix
image.jpgI have this app called ApplyMed, which you might find helpful :h:

Thank you! I'll see if can get it now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomita
I read in some thread I don't know where that there is website (at Beta stage) where you can give your grades and other information; it could help you narrow down your choices

Thanks in advance

There's one called med school selector by BMJ, but I've never used it so I'm not sure how good it is :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gb_faith
There's one called med school selector by BMJ, but I've never used it so I'm not sure how good it is :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks

This is one. But I think there is another better one (which would charge £149) to give that information......

Any idea!! please
Original post by nomita

Thanks in advance

http://www.applyingformedicine.co.uk/

it's free for a limited time only apparently as said on their website.
Original post by zintanax

Thanks very much
Hey, does that app show the international qualifications too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamix
I'm hoping to apply for medicine at Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield and Liverpool but I don't know if my GCSE's are good enough?
A* in English lit, 7A's in Biology, Chemistry, English Lang, Geography, Physics, RE, Spanish, B in Maths and a C in Art.

For AS I did Biology, Chemistry, English combined and Psychology - hoping to get AAAA-AABB but really uncertain about some exams :frown:.

I'm also worried about the BMAT/UKCAT, how much time should you prepare for? I'm holding off booking until after results, just incase.

I want to apply at these unis too other than liverpool !!

Did you check them out? What did you think?

I got a great report from them for MY stats that I had uploaded - saved me hours and days of work! It doesn't look as though they use software. I had used the BMJ tool earlier and wasn't very happy with the results. This site is free, at least for now. They suggested some unis that I had never thought of! :smile:

Feeling so much more hopeful now....
Original post by ladybird198

I got a great report from them for MY stats that I had uploaded - saved me hours and days of work! It doesn't look as though they use software. I had used the BMJ tool earlier and wasn't very happy with the results. This site is free, at least for now. They suggested some unis that I had never thought of! :smile:

When did they get back to you with the results? Also, did you give them your personal statement too?
Hey guys!

I would like to ask you whether someone knows more about how much can be the "BMAT Section 2: Assumed Subject Knowledge guide 2015" relied on? I'm going to school outside the UK and this seems to be a great way to make sure I have covered everything. :smile:
Original post by Elhamm
When did they get back to you with the results? Also, did you give them your personal statement too?

Well, I don't have a PS yet. I just sent them like a short CV :colondollar:

And they came back to me pretty quickly - like a week or so. Are you waiting for yours?
Well, I don't have a PS yet. I just sent them like a short CV :colondollar:

And they came back to me pretty quickly - like a week or so. Are you waiting for yours?

No, not yet I am planning to do send them my stats lol after results day :smile: Do you know how long they are holding the offer for? :smile:

I haven't actually checked them out myself! What did you think? Did you find them helpful, what sort of info do they actually give?
I was going to send in some stuff but kinda forgot lol so let me know if it was worth it because it'd be nice to get a personalised sort of response!
Thanks and i'm glad you found it good!
Original post by Elatadi
Hey guys!

I would like to ask you whether someone knows more about how much can be the "BMAT Section 2: Assumed Subject Knowledge guide 2015" relied on? I'm going to school outside the UK and this seems to be a great way to make sure I have covered everything. :smile:

I solely used that and past papers for section two and I ended up with 6.3 last year. It contains everything you need to know but you also need to practice questions to fully understand concepts, especially for physics if you are no longer studying it.

Do you happen to know when this offer would end? As I've got my UKCAT on the 20th and thought it might be better to fill in the form after I've completed the UKCAT.
Reply 1397
Just got my AS (CIE) results this afternoon :/
Bio - a (83)
Physics - a (80)
Chem - b (73)
Math- b (78)

UKCAT : average of 600
Gcse : 8A* 2A

Everyone has been telling me to repeat chemistry to push it up to an A, but I'm afraid that would be to tough as I'll be taking A2 this October .
Planing to apply to Cardiff, Nottingham, Queen's Belfast, Bristol / Sheffield. Any advice on how slim my chances may be ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomita

Thanks in advance

On the student BMJ they have a tool that helps you do this but you need to subscribe
http://medschoolselector.student.bmj.com/#/home

It will be better for you to just go on individual uni websites and check their requirements and see if you meet or exceed them.
Reply 1399
Guys I shadowed a nurse and a phlebotomist is that relevant to mention on my ps and interviews? Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending