The Student Room Group

I'm a 22yr old Pakistani female that can't cook. Ask me things.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by iammeyouareyou
As someone that was once a huge Eminem fan, I had no idea you were quoting Eminem. This thread is blasting my past at me.

Eminem - My Fault

refresh your memory by listening to it on youtube, I just did lol :biggrin:

yeah, he was my favourite Artist as a kid....
As someone that was once a huge Eminem fan, I had no idea you were quoting Eminem. This thread is blasting my past at me.

Yesterday, I made a 12yr old cry.
Today, I made myself cry and, now, I make you cry. What sort of human have I become?

Thank you for the input.

Now I can add you to the list of people that have upset me.
What is your favourite Pakistani food (this includes dessert too)?
yeah my grandma used to say sh-t like that to me too (not because of cooking but because i was chubby)
well shes dead now so that brings me some comfort

plus i've had several marriage proposals so far and guys chat me up on a daily basis so how ****ing wrong she was about that too!
Original post by Project Tsukyomi
WOW those Pakistani girls. Just wow there peng. anyone can cook if you use a cook book. Beside guys don't just marry girls just because they can cook. If they do i'm sure the rest of there life will be miserable.

'stani guys are like every other guy. heck they're probably more desperate. if shes hot, he'll want to marry. whether she can cook or not. they can just order... or ask their mums to carry on cooking his meals
Original post by qasim_96
I'm disappointed. I expected better :tongue:

She has disgraced her "family name" and must be banished from social life till she learns the art of the chapati.
Oh wow, I remember this post. I had to read back through my answers. I didn't even answer all of the questions, how rude!

My belief in God is a lot stronger now than it was back then, although there are still parts of my faith that I'm trying to work through and understand better. I'm kinda surprised that I didn't class myself as 'Muslim' back then. As time goes on, you forget the way you used to feel about things and the thoughts you used to have.
I'm not married but there is a special someone. Unfortunately, there are a lot of issues that are in the way of us, namely, our different faiths. It has been hard thinking that we'll be together one minute and then not the next. He's the only person that has ever been a part of my life in the romantic sense.

awwww feeling bad for you, I think you need piece in your life. Have you talked to him about the religion? I mean its hard but I have seen many people changed their life and religion for their love ones. And where are you from? I mean you are grown now you can make your life decisions, I guess right???
Original post by Skill Twix
What is your favourite Pakistani food (this includes dessert too)?

I'm not a huge fan of Asian deserts, if I'm honest, but I do like gagrela and gulab jamun :smile:
As for food, I love brown rice, chicken biriyani, keema-aloo, aloo-gobi and I LOVE daal (although I forget what the one I like is called haha). Food is just yums.

Original post by MyFightSong
yeah my grandma used to say sh-t like that to me too (not because of cooking but because i was chubby)
well shes dead now so that brings me some comfort
plus i've had several marriage proposals so far and guys chat me up on a daily basis so how ****ing wrong she was about that too!

Wow.
I didn't take what my grandma said so personally. She can just be an overly-critical, negative person. You just learn to not take it to heart after a while.

Original post by MyFightSong
'stani guys are like every other guy. heck they're probably more desperate. if shes hot, he'll want to marry. whether she can cook or not. they can just order... or ask their mums to carry on cooking his meals

What a great idea. Because it's not like men can cook for themselves, right?

Original post by sabashahid
awwww feeling bad for you, I think you need piece in your life. Have you talked to him about the religion? I mean its hard but I have seen many people changed their life and religion for their love ones. And where are you from? I mean you are grown now you can make your life decisions, I guess right???

He won't convert, I don't think either of us ever would.
I grew up in England.
Yes, I can make my own decisions, although the situation itself is rather more complicated.
Oh my god, I was about to lock this for the OP but I come and see they've only come and responded to the bumps! Good on you, OP! :laugh:

What did you have for breakfast? :hmmm:
Original post by Paracosm
Oh my god, I was about to lock this for the OP but I come and see they've only come and responded to the bumps! Good on you, OP! :laugh:

My only commitment in life right now is this thread I created over two and half years ago.
Just kidding, I also post regularly on Instagram but not that regularly.

I ate some cereal that my dad likes to buy for himself. I think it's Tesco's own brand of Fruit and fibre flakes (or something like that). The Special K was out.
ody gives a **** but I felt like making an AMA thread, in honour of having 11 followers :smile:

According to my grandma no man will ever want to marry me :cry:. How sad.

Feel free to ask me anything :smile: apart from the things that I can't answer.

Edit:
I'm actually 25 now (too old for this ****) and don't frequent this site as often as I used to. I came on here because I'd had a crappy day only to find that my old thread had been revived! Oh sweet comforts of TSR, how I've missed you.

Oh, don't worry you'll be fine! I'm 20 and I get told the same thing every ****ing day and the hilarity of is that I actually can cook and I quite enjoy cooking, my family have started with the wedding talks and here I am single af, it's like as soon as a girl hits a certain age their families just expect them to be the perfect cook and think about getting married, it's just annoying /:
I'm not a huge fan of Asian deserts, if I'm honest, but I do like gagrela and gulab jamun :smile:
As for food, I love brown rice, chicken biriyani, keema-aloo, aloo-gobi and I LOVE daal (although I forget what the one I like is called haha). Food is just yums.

Great choices. I actually don't like aloo-gobi. However, I don't complain much when it comes to food and hence, eat everything.
Clearly too many for your liking.
Do you want us all to go back to where we came from and take our curries with us?

Spoiler

Reply 93
I'm sure nobody gives a **** but I felt like making an AMA thread, in honour of having 11 followers :smile:

According to my grandma no man will ever want to marry me :cry:. How sad.

Feel free to ask me anything :smile: apart from the things that I can't answer.

Edit:
I'm actually 25 now (too old for this ****) and don't frequent this site as often as I used to. I came on here because I'd had a crappy day only to find that my old thread had been revived! Oh sweet comforts of TSR, how I've missed you.

Have you gotten any better at cooking or does your family still think you're a disgrace and you'll never get married?
Reply 94
Is this the longest AMA in terms of time active in TSR history?
Original post by TheBBQ
Have you gotten any better at cooking or does your family still think you're a disgrace and you'll never get married?

Of course I've gotten better at cooking :smile:
And the thread says *grandma.
And it was made in jest.
And I'm not a disgrace :frown: My papa says I'm the most special girl in the world :biggrin:

Original post by SGHD26716
Is this the longest AMA in terms of time active in TSR history?

Haha, I have no idea. I have a feeling it's not though. I remember when I used to use this site more often and there was an AMA thread that I'm pretty sure had been going for a good few years. I'm not sure where it's at now. The user was Foo.mp3.
Wow, the fact that I can still remember people's usernames tells me I used this site far too much.

Hmm, I wonder how this thread was found again...
I don't like your tone, using acronyms like "wtf" and "pff".
It's unnecessary and it doesn't kill to ask things politely, does it?
3 years later - can you cook now?
Original post by Paracosm

I was going through some old threads I've posted on from last year and you always asked "what did you have for breakfast?" in AMAs :lol:
Original post by Eternalflames
I was going through some old threads I've posted on from last year and you always asked "what did you have for breakfast?" in AMAs :lol:

It’s my go-to haha :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest