The Student Room Group

How to tell a friend to not invite other people?

I'm in a trio with these 2 people, and with one of them (person A) I always do a cooking thing with. It's always just the two of us, and we always plan it together and buy all the ingredients together. She wants to invite the other person (person B) from our trio to join, and it sounds so stupid and selfish but I really don't want to. We have invited them once before, and they made me so mad. They didn't contribute to any of the costs, didn't clean up and literally made a mess. They also messed around with person A and in the end it felt like I was babysitting children, having to do all the washing up and cleaning while they played around. It sounds like I'm the annoying one who won't let them have fun, but I really can't stand how neither of them helped at all that time.I asked them both to help, and they 'tried' to but in the end they messed around with soap and stuff, leaving me to clean that up as well.

Plus, it sounds dumb, but in my mind this is me and person A's thing, but maybe I'm the problem :frown: I want to tell person A not to invite person B, but they really wants to and are all about 'not leaving people out' which I get, I just can't stand the two of them together when we are cooking. I end up doing all the work and they just decorate the food, when it's just me and person A at least they feels some kind of obligation to help since it's only 2 of us, but when all 3 of us ig it just goes out of the window.
This sounds like such a dumb rant I'm sorry :frown:
Reply 1
'Don't invite x, for these reasons...'
Reply 2
Tell A the issues.

If A then invites B, let A do the food or whatever, and see how they feel when they get no help.

The alternative is do something different as a trio than you and A cooking as a pair; go out somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending