The Student Room Group

Daddy issues!

My father is causing me some emotional turmoil, once again. This may be a long post, I apologise. Posting this because I need to vent/ ask people if this is ok and I have nobody to talk to right now.

Issues with dad go right back to when I was a kid, he had me at 20, left mum, met another woman and had a child with her, left her and had a third child with a third woman. Me and his second child both went over on weekends and we grew up as sisters, bonded because we struggled together through his alcoholism, then he had the third one when I was 12. We knew her for a couple of months and then she disappeared and we weren't to speak of her. Then, recently he reconnected with the mother and introduced us to our sister that disappeared for 10 years, no small issue right? The other sister and I have had trouble reconnecting with the youngest one.

But tonight, I have had accusatory texts from him saying I forgot her birthday and it would have been nice for her to have cards from her sisters. I will go and visit and take her presents but am I right in feeling so frustrated with dad? Maybe if we'd been allowed to acknowledge we had another sister we'd know when her birthday is.

GAH
i think it is messed up for him not to let you know your sister. And with you not being able to see or talk to her for 10 years he cant get mad at you for not knowing when her birthday is. Thats his fault.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending