The Student Room Group

Crush on guy in his 50s?

So I would obviously never tell him or act on it....He's married anyway. But I want to get this off my chest and see what people think of it.

I feel stupid and embarrassed - even though nobody knows and I'd never tell anyone - because I'm in my 20s and I have a thing for my 50 something landlord...He's just a handsome guy, isn't grey or 'old looking', and he think he flirts with me (but that could just be his personality). Lots of guys my age think I'm attractive and give me attention, so maybe this older guy thinks I am too....I'm not arrogant and don't find myself 'hot', but some guys do, as with any young woman I guess.

I just feel so stupid....why do I have a thing for an older guy?
Original post by Anonymous #1
So I would obviously never tell him or act on it....He's married anyway. But I want to get this off my chest and see what people think of it.
I feel stupid and embarrassed - even though nobody knows and I'd never tell anyone - because I'm in my 20s and I have a thing for my 50 something landlord...He's just a handsome guy, isn't grey or 'old looking', and he think he flirts with me (but that could just be his personality). Lots of guys my age think I'm attractive and give me attention, so maybe this older guy thinks I am too....I'm not arrogant and don't find myself 'hot', but some guys do, as with any young woman I guess.

daddy issues? I guess as long as you don’t act on it based on the age difference and the fact that he’s married then it’s okay. Try finding someone your age maybe it’ll make you forget about your landlord😭
Why...probably because that's the generation of men who aren't soft.

This "look at me" fake social media generation doesn't like the term " real men" but......

Anyway...as long as you don't act on it, it's fine.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

There is nothing wrong with it really. Yes is a bit unusual, but it goes on a lot more than you think actually. Maybe under radar because just is way it is, but believe me I know. Depends how old you are as well really.
Can fight biology all you want but you can’t not want what you want

Probably looking for something other than Just Sex, such as Comfort,Security etc of an older man.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending