The Student Room Group

How to stop being jealous of spoiled siblings?

My brother works but his dad pays all his bills. His phone bill, car insurance. You name it. He gave him his first car he wrecked it. He gave him my old car he wrecked that too. With him only being carless for a week his dad came to his rescue again and gave him his brand new truck. They are happy that he has a good job but shouldn’t that be why he provides for himself? I’m just so jealous because I struggle so much and nobody ever does anything for me. My brother acts like he’s all that when he wouldn’t have nothing without daddy’s credit card. I have to work and suffer but my family is always making fun of me like I’m this loser when I had perfect consistent years. I had a bad 2023 but I’m working again without daddy or mommy’s credit card. I bet that he’s gonna wreck his daddy’s new car just like the other ones. I hate that I’m so envious please help? Lol
You are the family black sheep. If your dad gave you a £1000 would you be happy? If he than have your brother £2000 would you still be grateful? These imbalances are common in all families. You just need to have a relationship with your brother independent of your parents.

Be his sister, not the jealous daughter. Be happy for his wins.

To your parents you can be upset at for obvious favour-ism. All parents have it though, not unique to your family.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
You are the family black sheep. If your dad gave you a £1000 would you be happy? If he than have your brother £2000 would you still be grateful? These imbalances are common in all families. You just need to have a relationship with your brother independent of your parents.

To your parents you can be upset at for obvious favour-ism. All parents have it though, not unique to your family.

My family is weird! Even though my brother is spoiled and been driving in my old car for a year he never talks to me. He only talks to me when he’s being fake just because he’s happy! He acts like she’s all that and too good! He seems very cocky and full of himself just because he’s used to having things by his daddy. And he’s a snitch when he does more stuff than me. I try to form a bond with my step dad but he’s like a mean grinch.sometimes he’s nice to me but he mostly has this “whatever get out of my face attitude” My family is just not nice at all. the dad is always treating me like I’m a bum when he had to give his grown son my car and he’s miserable because my mom pretty much hates him lol. Im not sucking up to stuck up people. Lol if anything I’m Cinderella who needs to move out!
Reply 3

What wins? Being spoiled and cheating at life! Him driving around in my car but never talking to me. Not taking care of it and throwing it in the trash just for his dad to give him a new one in a week?! What win? he’s been working for years but he never has any money ever. Can you please explain what wins?
(Why do you keep sneering about his 'mommy and daddy' when you share parents? :tongue: )
Reply 5
Original post by StriderHort
(Why do you keep sneering about his 'mommy and daddy' when you share parents? :tongue: )

Because we don’t have the same daddy! Yea they spoil him not me!
My family is weird! Even though my brother is spoiled and been driving in my old car for a year he never talks to me. He only talks to me when he’s being fake just because he’s happy! He acts like she’s all that and too good! He seems very cocky and full of himself just because he’s used to having things by his daddy. And he’s a snitch when he does more stuff than me. I try to form a bond with my step dad but he’s like a mean grinch.sometimes he’s nice to me but he mostly has this “whatever get out of my face attitude” My family is just not nice at all. the dad is always treating me like I’m a bum when he had to give his grown son my car and he’s miserable because my mom pretty much hates him lol. Im not sucking up to stuck up people. Lol if anything I’m Cinderella who needs to move out!

Sending virtual hugs. Wishing you so much strength.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending