The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well, as long as they use it discreetly, just gonna have to ignore it really
Reply 2
learn to turn a blind eye.
Yeah don't worry about it.
Reply 4
Tell them if you get in they will have to do it behind your back or not at all.
Personally I'd value the friendship and try and help them to quit. Good luck x
Reply 6
What? The only legal ramification of getting caught with weed is the cops take it off you, its not like your mates are bank robbers. Obviously if you need to take drug tests in the force then ask them not to smoke around you, because of passive smoking. But loosen up, your mates probably litter, speed and have probably been known to drink while underage. You're a copper while you're at work, not when you're with your mates.
Reply 7
wesetters
Just don't mention it to your colleagues, it's not like your flatmates are robbing banks (AFAIK).

What would you do if they were :O? Thats anouther moral question you may need to ask
move -- get a bust and you could well end up not being able to get a job
Reply 9
National Award,

That's what I'm most afraid of...

allymcb2,

Already pointe dthat fact out and it's casued a division in the flat.
Reply 10
Are they your mates, if they are then turn a blind eye, but try and help them stop. If they are not your mates then get them dun and get rid of it! Its really just not worth getting involved with or being around. Good luck with your application!

Btw guys im not trying to start a debate on drugs!
Reply 11
They're just some random people the university put me with ti live with for the next year. I wouldn't go within a mile of them if I had been in a normal social context
Reply 12
Could you explain the situation to someone confidential at uni (say a counsellor) and see if you can get moved on their recommendation. That is -you get to live elsewhere but they don't get busted.
Reply 13
Don't be ridiculous.

Firstly, they're not going to get busted, and secondly if they DID, they'd have to have enough to be classed as dealers for there to be any trouble at all, and with weed that's quite a bit.

Thirdly, unless they pinned it all on you, there would be no trouble even in the unlikely event that anyone ever found out.

Seriously, there is no problem here, ignore it.
Reply 14
Anonymous
They're just some random people the university put me with ti live with for the next year. I wouldn't go within a mile of them if I had been in a normal social context

Well you could complain to the university about them. Or tell them if they do it in front of you again, you will. I wouldn't put up with it in the flat anyway because I hate the smell.
If on the off chance thy did get raided would it not be perfectly possible to say that you had no knowledge of this, and so it's not a problem?
Not telling the police about a couple of guys smoking dope in private is hardly aiding and abetting now, is it? There's nothing to worry about.

However, if you don't get along with your flat mates at all, it might be worth trying to change accommodation solely because of that.

Latest

Trending

Trending