The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

MSc Political Science (Conflict Studies and Comparative Politics)

Hello, I have recently received an unconditional offer for the MSc Political Science Conflict Studies and Comparative Politics track. Has anyone studied this course? Or has received an offer to start in 2023? I would love to hear some student experiences about the Department of Government or this course. Thank you.
hey can I ask, what grades did u get because im applying to the same course and would you give any tips for the personal statement. thank you so much
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by rabiaansari00
hey can I ask, what grades did u get because im applying to the same course and would you give any tips for the personal statement. thank you so much

Hi, I had a first class in my undergraduate degree, it was not a political science degree however. In my personal statement, I answered all the questions they were asking:
Your academic interests, strengths and background relevant to the programme(s)
Your areas of specific interest within the programme(s)
Your academic preparedness for the programme(s)
Your academic motivation for undertaking the programme(s)
Any academic or professional aspirations, and how academic work within the programme(s) might help you realise such aspirations

I found by methodically answering all these questions, I could write ~1300 words and also structure the essay so it was easy to follow for the Admissions Committee. Answering all these questions comprehensively explained my interest in the program and why I thought I would be a good fit.

Hope this helps.
hello,

thank you so much for your reply, it helps a lot. Can I ask what undergrad did you do? I don't have my results yet, but I'm predicting 2:2. I did combined honours in history and politics from durham, however I experimented with econ/business modules which brought my overall grade down. I do regret it but it only made it clear that I only want to pursue IR.
Original post by d-money
Hi, I had a first class in my undergraduate degree, it was not a political science degree however. In my personal statement, I answered all the questions they were asking:
Your academic interests, strengths and background relevant to the programme(s)
Your areas of specific interest within the programme(s)
Your academic preparedness for the programme(s)
Your academic motivation for undertaking the programme(s)
Any academic or professional aspirations, and how academic work within the programme(s) might help you realise such aspirations

I found by methodically answering all these questions, I could write ~1300 words and also structure the essay so it was easy to follow for the Admissions Committee. Answering all these questions comprehensively explained my interest in the program and why I thought I would be a good fit.

Hope this helps.
Reply 4
Original post by rabiaansari00
hello,

thank you so much for your reply, it helps a lot. Can I ask what undergrad did you do? I don't have my results yet, but I'm predicting 2:2. I did combined honours in history and politics from durham, however I experimented with econ/business modules which brought my overall grade down. I do regret it but it only made it clear that I only want to pursue IR.

Hi yes, I studied engineering. I took two or three IR and history classes which I enjoyed much more than my engineering classes... hence the switch!
Reply 5
Hi, I also received the unconditional offer of Conflict Studies and Comparative Politics
recently. I took IR as my undergraduate major, kinda wondering if there is any group chat for new students:smile:
hii can I please know what you got in your undergrad? so I can know if I should apply or not. im so confused, some of my modules marks are missing due to the strikes. tysm x
Original post by SophiaMIK
Hi, I also received the unconditional offer of Conflict Studies and Comparative Politics
recently. I took IR as my undergraduate major, kinda wondering if there is any group chat for new students:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending