The Student Room Group

which course is the one which gets me into NHS Lab work or x-ray person

i study biology, chemistry and enviro studies, i know i want work in hospital for sure but i dont know which course it is that gets me there because they have different names that arent as straightforward.

i live in sheffield and can go to hallam uni, leeds or other close by uni's, also my big sis lives in edingburgh so i can go there as well. the real problem is that i dont know how to look and am running out of time for my deadline to pick a course, also do you pick the same course for five different uni's or is it five different courses in diff. uni's.
sorry that this is just a big jumble of questions but am just too stressed out. all i need is someone with spare time to help me out with this little step......also i heard that some course in NHS are free, if you know any then let me know ok.
(edited 9 years ago)
Biomedical science definitely gets you lab work. That's basically what it is. Just make sure the course is accredited by the IBMS (most are) as it allows it to work in the NHS straight away.
ALSO, you can pick different courses for different unis BUT be careful because, for example if your personal statement is about Law but you chose Medicine or Archeology for Uni X and Uni Y then Uni X and Uni Y probably won't take you. Seeing as you can only write one personal statement make sure the courses you choose are similar in content.
Reply 3
Original post by TheTrueLondoner
Biomedical science definitely gets you lab work. That's basically what it is. Just make sure the course is accredited by the IBMS (most are) as it allows it to work in the NHS straight away.

are you sure that biomedical science is covered by nhs as in the £9000 uni fee's, because some are but a lot aren't, but if biomed is covered then thats great:smile:

also do you other courses that cover the right stuff i need to get into lab work at nhs besides biomed. because am predicted BCC or if am lucky BBC so i need a less intense course.

maybe even an apprenticeship possible(still thinkin bout it)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending