The Student Room Group

GCSES

Hey everyone,
My GCSE results were not great, I got a 444335566, I just got a pass on maths and science and I was hoping to study Biomed at a Russell Group uni. Unfortunately, due to my poor results i am doing Applied Science BTECs, I want to work in lab and I want to study at a good university doing a science degree. I am resitting maths to see if I can get a higher grade but is there any hope for me? Is going to a Russell Group uni an unrealistic path right now? What other unis could do get into? Please answer.
Original post by benitadolce
Hey everyone,
My GCSE results were not great, I got a 444335566, I just got a pass on maths and science and I was hoping to study Biomed at a Russell Group uni. Unfortunately, due to my poor results i am doing Applied Science BTECs, I want to work in lab and I want to study at a good university doing a science degree. I am resitting maths to see if I can get a higher grade but is there any hope for me? Is going to a Russell Group uni an unrealistic path right now? What other unis could do get into? Please answer.

Focus on the course, biomedical science. The course matters, not the uni.
Reply 2
(Original post by BankaiGintoki)Focus on the course, biomedical science. The course matters, not the uni.

So what uni I go to doesn’t matter?
(Original post by BankaiGintoki)Focus on the course, biomedical science. The course matters, not the uni.

So what uni I go to doesn’t matter?

What I mean is, you seem to care more about the university and its reputation, than the actual course.
Different universities will have different course modules for biomedical science
You compare the course differences, and make a decision on which one you like more
Hey everyone,

Actually, the course and the uni matters a lot for biomedical science. You mention you want to work in a lab, a research lab? or an nhs lab? or a keeping your options open kinda lab?

The answer to this is important because if you want to work in an nhs lab you will need to go to a uni with an accredited course. Normally these are not Russell Group unis.

If you get your degree from a non accredited RG uni and then want to work in an nhs lab at any point you in the future you will need to do a separate conversion degree afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest